cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet ADSL

N/A

PlusNet ADSL

PlusNet got me ADSL within a week despite having a problem with BT, which they dealt with. ADSL service was ready and available when I received my NetGear 814 router from Ebuyer.co.uk - who sell ADSL kit at good prices - the ADSL filters are less than £5. Great kit and good cost-effective service from PlusNet - worked first time and I had 3 PCs up and running in minutes on the router.
A tip to avoid having 4 or 5 filters around the house supporting existing phones. By wiring a new Slave BAPT box next to your Master box. Remove the existing wiring to Master-box (supporting existing slave-phones around the house) punch-down these wires to new Slave box and from that a BABT patch Plug-to-Plug into the one central ADSL filter in the Master box on the phone side. All the phones in the house will be routed via this one central ADSL filter. Text Emote Icon
:rollsmile:

--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PlusNet ADSL

> PlusNet got me ADSL within a week despite having a problem with BT, which they dealt with. ADSL service was ready and available when I received my NetGear 814 router from Ebuyer.co.uk - who sell ADSL kit at good prices - the ADSL filters are less than £5. Great kit and good cost-effective service from PlusNet - worked first time and I had 3 PCs up and running in minutes on the router.
> A tip to avoid having 4 or 5 filters around the house supporting existing phones. By wiring a new Slave BAPT box next to your Master box. Remove the existing wiring to Master-box (supporting existing slave-phones around the house) punch-down these wires to new Slave box and from that a BABT patch Plug-to-Plug into the one central ADSL filter in the Master box on the phone side. All the phones in the house will be routed via this one central ADSL filter. Text Emote Icon
> :rollsmile:
>
>
>
> --
>

N/A

I say you been very lucky......SO FAR............
Saturn
Grafter

> I say you been very lucky......SO FAR............

Actually if you speak to Netgear they will tell you this is precisely what can be done. I too have done the same thing and it's been perfectly satisfactory thus far.