cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net email getting spammed

N/A

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help, i dont know if this is the right forum.
For the past couple of hours my plus net email address is getting hit by a lot of spam email. You may not think this is unusal but I never give out my plus net email, i only use it for business. I always use hotmail for my casual email. it's getting me worried the emails all have different address with short little messages that really dont make sense like this
"We only accept refund or return claims in cases wherein goods have not been received or have been damaged during transit."
and at the end is a link, each email the link is different but they all link to the same website (as usuall a site trying to sell prescription drugs). I thought I might have a virus but i ran a full system scan and found nothing. Like i said im worried how they got my address because like I said I nvever give it out. Is there a way I can stop it? Am I at any risk or anything?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes, we are all affected by this. See the main thread on this here and the service status posts from PlusNet.
N/A

Ok thanks for the qucik reply, glad im not the only one. At the moment Im using all the junk control options on thunderbird to try and stop the tidal wave but its not having much affect. Sad Hope the problem gets fixed soon!
N/A

Please can a mod lock this thread in favour of the one Peter linked to.
N/A

Locked, dunno by whom, but presumably for the reasons above. Wink