cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net ADSL: Bad for Online Gaming

N/A

Plus.net ADSL: Bad for Online Gaming

Although, the speed for online surfing has definitely been an improvement, the stability of the connectivity still has to be looked at.

The frequent interuptions of disconnection while playing online games, is something that cannot be ignored. Unlike surfing, a temporary disconnection is nothing to fret about, but a disconnection while playing an online game is a different matter altogether, not in the least its annoying especially to the enjoyment of that game.

Perhaps, Plus.net don't place any importance on online gaming, but I believe a majority of those that sign up for the ADSL service do so BECAUSE of the lower ping rates, which means better gameplay. The worst aspect of an unstable connectivity for gamers is sometimes losing their place on a server, or losing their score in a tournament game. For tournament games, I probably would not recommend Plus.net ADSL at the moment until they have a stable service.

I hope that Plus.net will look into this matter, and improve the service as they are always willing to do.

48 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Plus.net ADSL: Bad for Online Gaming

I to am getting the connection dropouts, losing routing for about 30-60 seconds at a time, making gaming impossible, on the phone to Plusnet right now.

Ali
N/A

Exactly the same here! So glad to know i'm not the only one again. please let me know what thy say to you over the phone!
N/A

> I to am getting the connection dropouts, losing routing for about 30-60 seconds at a time, making gaming impossible, on the phone to Plusnet right now.
>
>
> Ali

Just raised a ticket regarding the dropout problem.
Lets see what the answer to this one is, seems i am unable to ever get a weekends gaming in this year due to Plusnets abysmal network, its bye bye for me in April.

Ali
N/A

I reaised a ticket about it yesterday morning, so you have a long wait Sad
N/A

* (still no reply from them yet)
N/A

> * (still no reply from them yet)

Phone took to long so i hung up Chris, and used Contact instead.

But I did post a warning in ISPR forums to a guy asking if Plusnet were any good told him not to touch them with a 10ft barge pole.

I hope people pay attention and dont end up coming to Plusnet and end up with the ***** we have had to put up with and are still putting up with.

Ali
N/A

mines has been fine for playing games. I did get them when I first got ADSL but that was because my modem was setup wrong.
N/A

The only thing WRONG with +NET is that they show how much care about gaming by having no game servers. Those F9 ones are out of date and not run by +net or something so don't even think about it.

Your next poll on the portal should be, what do use your connection most for:

1. Surfing
2. Uploading/Downloading
3. Online Gaming
4. Shoutcast Streaming
5. Video Streaming

In my case, it's ALL OF THE ABOVE obviously.
N/A

One of the main reasons that I joined Plus.net ADSL was to get better ping times. Actually, it wasn't too bad at first.. up until the recent upgrade, I'm just getting constant dropouts.

I think they should look at the problem soon, because I'm sure that the majority of subscribers here are also gamers.

We should keep this thread going by showing Plus.net that there actually is a gaming community on ADSL.
N/A

> We should keep this thread going by showing Plus.net that there actually is a gaming community on ADSL.
>
I run a Dungeon Siege server or did until these dropouts and all the rest of the problems.
Plus i play UO, MOHAA online on a regular basis, havent been able to play much over the last few months which kind of defeats the whole point of me getting DSL.
Ali
T Minus 5 months until im bye bye.
N/A

Just got a reply to my ticket.

Dear Customer,

I have checked your account and all seems ok. Have you tried switching off all your equipment and leaving it off for at least twenty minutes? This should clear your problem.

Regards,

Support

Grrrrrrr!
N/A

> Just got a reply to my ticket.
>
> Dear Customer,
>
> I have checked your account and all seems ok. Have you tried switching off all your equipment and leaving it off for at least twenty minutes? This should clear your problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Support
What utter ***** Plusnet support are that they continue to spout this inane checksheet pap.

N/A

> Although, the speed for online surfing has definitely been an improvement, the stability of the connectivity still has to be looked at.
>
> The frequent interuptions of disconnection while playing online games, is something that cannot be ignored. Unlike surfing, a temporary disconnection is nothing to fret about, but a disconnection while playing an online game is a different matter altogether, not in the least its annoying especially to the enjoyment of that game.
>
> Perhaps, Plus.net don't place any importance on online gaming, but I believe a majority of those that sign up for the ADSL service do so BECAUSE of the lower ping rates, which means better gameplay. The worst aspect of an unstable connectivity for gamers is sometimes losing their place on a server, or losing their score in a tournament game. For tournament games, I probably would not recommend Plus.net ADSL at the moment until they have a stable service.
>
> I hope that Plus.net will look into this matter, and improve the service as they are always willing to do.
>
>My connection on online games was rock solid up until this recent upgrade. Now it's a nightmare!!! Downgraded connection not Upgraded
This is pathetic service.

--
N/A

> >My connection on online games was rock solid up until this recent upgrade. Now it's a nightmare!!! Downgraded connection not Upgraded
> This is pathetic service.

And what tops it is Plusnet not even acknowledging there is a problem, despite so many people all coming to the forums at once to complain about the same thing. It's obvious there's a problem, it just takes *ages* for them to realise it :mad: