cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please remove the usage management

N/A

"the next billing date" has been passed already, but the speed is still quite slow. could you please remove the usage management? Thanks!

"Your peak usage for this billing month has exceeded the product design
therefore Level 4 Broadband Plus usage management has been applied to your service during peak hours. Your Broadband service will continue to be
managed until your next billing date at which time peak-time usage
management will be removed."
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

When did you receive the e-mail saying you were on level 4 and when was your billing date?
firmager
Grafter

When did you receive the e-mail saying you were on level 4 and when was your billing date?

At least you got an email saying you had been put on level 4, my speeds just got ground to a halt with no warning!
N/A

don't count on it being removed! your not the only one with it still in force after you billing date. see this post, as it seems plusnet may not remove it even after your billing date.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38643
N/A

It does get removed.

it is just that at present it is a manual process, so rather than a pc doing several thousand people all at once, it's someone sitting down and going through them one by one. You could be at the start of the list... you could be at the end of the list.

Either way in a day or two it should be re-set and the email sent to you accordingly.
N/A

4 days after billing and still 50K in the day. so it doesn't always get removed.
N/A

I'm getting seriously ticked off as well. I thought maybe it's some of the trackers that I'm using and tried downloading from various ones. All with the same result - crap down speeds on every one.

Time that PlusNet gets the finger out of the proverbial and removes the caps!
N/A

can't be anything to do with the tracker, as 1am and all my speeds are good again.
N/A

Yeah, just wanted to make sure as it's been several days since the new billing period started for me. Funny how quickly the usage management kicks in when you go over the limits, but then they drag their heels when it comes to do a reset at the start of a new month.
N/A

If Plusnet send out the email message containing the line
"Your Broadband service will continue to be
managed until your next billing date at which time peak-time usage
management will be removed."
Why can't they be honest and stick to what they say, or add the line
"Only it wont be removed until we get round to it, could be days even. There's no rush, so live with it.
Intentionally telling porkies is bound to annoy folks.
Of course if we read between the lines, we could conclude that PlusNet are hoping that these users will go elsewhere. And that a little push by upsetting them further will help them on their way.
N/A

What about an apology?

Yesterday I wrote to the 'support team' and below that is the reply I got. But nowhere is an apology.

Absolutely disgusting.

Last month I contacted you about why a level one management had abeen applied to my account, which subsequently rose to tow then level three. At the time of the first call about this I was told this was a mistake and had been sent in error. I would like to know if that was the case and if so why were the subsequent levels of management added.

In a related issue, is there any account or way I can get completely unrestricted downloads. I find it decidely inconvienient to be able to be told that peak time used is 8am-midnight and that is when I am supposed to do my big downloads.

I would appreciate an answer.

2006-02-02
18:29:41
Link:CUAremoved
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mrs Johnson,
The only unrestricted accounts we have are the Pay As You Go accounts. It does not look like the traffic management was in fact applied in error.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved

Moderators note by Mark (pcsni) CSA name removed as per the forum rules. Please do not post these details
N/A

Sadly you're not likely to do much better than that. The whole fiasco of introducing tiered management (without notice and without the software in place to support it properly) seems to have been handed to CS with instructions that under no circumstances should they admit error.

You can either complain until you are blue in the face or depart elsewhere. I chose the latter & hopefuly should have an unlimited 8Mbit line on Tuesday.