cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - need info on how to leave Plusnet

N/A

Please help - need info on how to leave Plusnet

I cannnot stand another day of this rubbish. As in previous threads i use to connection alot for online gaming and am not able to do so (yet again) today.

If anyone has played such games as Daoc, you will know that being dropped in the middle of the game can cost literaly hours of gaming time lost.

As has happened 3 times today and i have had enough - on top of all the lastest rubbish i've had over the last 4-5 weeks with them.

Anyone have any advice on leaving as quickly and simply as possible - i dont care if i have to pay i just want out. Can i just sign up with someone else, do i need details from plusnet.

Any advice please appreciated.
21 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Please help - need info on how to leave Plusnet

> I cannnot stand another day of this rubbish. As in previous threads i use to connection alot for online gaming and am not able to do so (yet again) today.
>
> If anyone has played such games as Daoc, you will know that being dropped in the middle of the game can cost literaly hours of gaming time lost.
>
> As has happened 3 times today and i have had enough - on top of all the lastest rubbish i've had over the last 4-5 weeks with them.
>
> Anyone have any advice on leaving as quickly and simply as possible - i dont care if i have to pay i just want out. Can i just sign up with someone else, do i need details from plusnet.
>
> Any advice please appreciated.
if youre on a monthly contract then jusy cancel, if youre on a yearly then god help you, im waiting till after xmas to get awasy from this pile of shi't

N/A

If you have a monthly contract then cancel via the Contact Us mechanism on the portal and good luck, go try Nildram.
If your on the Annual which only and idiot would sign up to.....yep you guessed it i signed up to the annual one, then only an act of god can help you and the double whammy in my case is im an atheist, so im well and truly stuck in this pile of stinking dodo's.

Ali
N/A

You dont have to cancel and pay for re-activating the account.
BT has announced an ADSL account migration process.

take a look at www.adslguide.org
cant remember where, but somewhere on there is a procedure on how to go about doing it.

If you are lucky, someone in the customer service section can talk you through it. Dont bet on it though! I inquired about it not so long ago, and +net's staff said it wasnt possible!

anyway.. good luck!

> If you have a monthly contract then cancel via the Contact Us mechanism on the portal and good luck, go try Nildram.
>
> If your on the Annual which only and idiot would sign up to.....yep you guessed it i signed up to the annual one, then only an act of god can help you and the double whammy in my case is im an atheist, so im well and truly stuck in this pile of stinking dodo's.
>
>
> Ali

N/A

ok thanks for the info people, im on yearly contract damnit and got another 3 months or so to go Sad

I think i may rather just pay it off and get out - what a waste of money but im soooo fed up of this.

Its the reliability which makes it so bad and so frustrating. One of my worse decisions to date signing up with plusnet. Should have got out at the begining when it took 5 weeks to activate the line.

Seems like alot of people are following suite - perhaps the service will finally improve when most of the customer base disappears!

looking at Nildram and Adsl-now
N/A

Yes i shall be looking elsewhere in the new year, service has been terrible since "upgrade"?
N/A

> looking at Nildram and Adsl-now

I'll be joining you in 4-5 months, used be with Nildram in the past when they were expensive and they were good then but just couldnt afford it, i can now so i just have to wait.
Good luck trying to get onto the ADSL migration program from what I have heard in the forums people have had a lot of trouble getting their CBUK number out of Plusnet to enable an ADSL transfer to go ahead.
Ali
N/A

Ummm, yes.. the 'upgrade'.

> Yes i shall be looking elsewhere in the new year, service has been terrible since "upgrade"?

N/A

Yes i shall be looking elsewhere in the new year, service has been terrible since "upgrade"?

Hi,

Over the last few days we have received hundreds of good reports that the service has improved greatly since the upgrades and maintenance work has been carried out.

Due to the nature of DSL we will always have customers that may be experiencing poor connectivity.

We do take these matters seriously and would like to investigate your problem.

I have raised your issue to be investigated with a view to reporting it to BT.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

100's of good reports slightly out weighed by thousands of bad one's!!!
N/A

I need ADSL for my business and am also stuck with ***** service and 9 months of an annual contract. Iv'e learned an expensive lesson and it seems to me the only thing to do is tell everyone with an internet connection to steer well clear of this company.
> I cannnot stand another day of this rubbish. As in previous threads i use to connection alot for online gaming and am not able to do so (yet again) today.
>
> If anyone has played such games as Daoc, you will know that being dropped in the middle of the game can cost literaly hours of gaming time lost.
>
> As has happened 3 times today and i have had enough - on top of all the lastest rubbish i've had over the last 4-5 weeks with them.
>
> Anyone have any advice on leaving as quickly and simply as possible - i dont care if i have to pay i just want out. Can i just sign up with someone else, do i need details from plusnet.
>

--
N/A

>
>
>
>

I have just spoken to BT Openworld and they are currently offering free connection and free equipment. The only problem is there is currently a 15 day activation wait. The only way of not loosing your service for 15 days is if you have another anologue line, in which case you can wait for that one to be activated and then when it is cancel your plusnet on the other line.

I would recommend any one on an annual contract who wishes to get out of it seeks legal advice. Although the contract is for 12 months and they do not garuantee the service fully this could be deemed to be ureasonable by the courts. Especially with the amount of time these problems have persisted for. Quite simply we are paying for a service that has been wrongly advertised as an always on fast connection this is not the case and therefor Plusnet are in serious breach of contract as well as advertising wrongly.

A shop keeper cannot garuantee that all products are going to be in full working condition, but when they are not you get a refund as simple as that. That's how the world works.
N/A

Over the last few days we have received hundreds of good reports that the service has improved greatly since the upgrades and maintenance work has been carried out.

Course you have - to the average web user these freezes are not important, certainly not worth complaining about. But to the gamer... !!!
N/A

Christine,

We are sure that after all the work that we have carried recently we are confident that any customers who are experiencing problems should raise them through the correct channels and we will do all we can to try and resolve the problem or identify where the problem lays.

We are 110% certain that any problems experienced at the moment by the customer are not associated with our network and we would like to ensure that all issues raised to us will be fully investigated.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

If I were you I would let all the moaners go so that the other 20,000 satisfied customers can get some peace!