cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain why upgrading is downgrading

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I have constantly acieved nearly 2 mb Then i upgraded to 8 mb and guess what same old story as everyone my speed dropped dramatically.I have acheived around 500kp speed since upgrading and then i found this message:

Your High-speed Broadband Service

Your current broadband speed is 500 Kbps

What does this speed mean?
This is the speed that the network supplier is telling us you should expect on your line. If your hardware is reporting higher speeds, you can try and automatically update this speed by disconnecting and reconnecting once a day for 3 days.

Find out more about up to 8Mb broadband by reading our high-speed broadband guide.

I continually turn my computer off every day or my connection droppes every day so why am i set at 500kbps ? I cannot except that when i have been getting 2MB that my network supplier which i presume is BT says now i should only be getting 500kbs. When i went on the BT speed checker it said i should get 3mb so what is going on ??

Why as a simple thing like upgrading to a higher speed caused so many problems....?
3 REPLIES
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

This is very strange my speed has just shot up to 2.7mb This forum is obviously the best way to get things sorted.
N/A

The broadband speed you see during the first ten days after a MaxDSL upgrade will be unstable as the line attempts to find the maximum stable speed.

If your speed remains that low after the ten day train period post your modem stats here and we'll see if we can find the cause.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Ok Many Thanks