cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP!!!!!! Very weird sync problem!

Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

:x

I have connected up my Binatone 500 modem and the USB and everything. The wires and filters are in place and the Power and ADSL lights are both on constantly. However, it says that I'm not synchronised. I can't connect because it says: Connect ERROR. My line is activated according to ADSL Tracker.
10 REPLIES
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

My connection box thing shows that about 3000 packets have been sent and received and the connection has been on for half an hour. However, I can't access any sites. All I get is that the internet activity goes on and then off for a split second every few seconds.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

My connection box thing shows that about 3000 packets have been sent and received and the connection has been on for half an hour. However, I can't access any sites. All I get is that the internet activity goes on and then off for a split second every few seconds.
N/A

Where does it say this error? As I'm not familiar with this piece of hardware, I probably can't offer much advice, but are you sure that all of the details (including username and password) are correct - check on this page.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

The ADSL light is steady. But the diagnostic test says I'm not synchorized. I can't connect at "Login Status", gives me Connect ERROR.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

Got past that problem. OMG I'm so stupid. I didn't put @plusdsl.net at the end of the username!!!!!

However, now I'm failing the "Test PPPoPvc 0 PPP layer connection" test. Help please.
N/A

Could you check your wiring setup with the ones mentioned in this tutorial. It could be a case of faulty microfilter, or some other problem with the wiring.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, then you should try following the ADSL Troubleshooting tutorial.

Could you also tell us your system's specification (motherboard and OS are the most important)?
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

My broadband seems to be working, because I'm using it right now. Dunno what the error is about though. The wiring is fine. Telephone works fine.
N/A

It does take time after the modem starts to try and syncronise with the exchange before a sync is achieved. This can be 30 seconds or more. Until a stable sync and connection to plusnet is obtained, you will get a PPP layer error.
pcorker
Grafter

You may just need to refresh that blue modem setup page by doing (eg) hold down control and tap F5. It may not be updating from when it was originally not working (worth doing that everytime you use it)
Pat.
pcorker
Grafter

PS
Stuff on that modem page happens very slowly!
Pat.