cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pings 7 - 11

N/A

Pings 7 - 11

I've noticed lately that the pings between 19:00 and 23:00 have become ridiculous. Online gaming is nearly unplayable, and considering those are the peak times for gaming you'd think something would be done about it. I was with plusnet for around 3 years before migrating to eclipse and then back again due to monetary/speed reasons. Before the quality of service was second to none, now it's beyond a joke. I've never known such instability, why not just throttle the bandwith a bit to save on ping times? i'm sure if everybody dl'd at around 20 kbs on 2 meg service that would save up on quite a lot of bandwith.. and people wouldn't exactly complain about dling at 210-220 (in my oppinion).

Otherwise i really don't see how i'll be able to stay with this contract for a year.. When you pay for a service, and it says Satisfaction gauranteed, you expect satisfaction... So please Plusnet read this and try and do something about it Smiley
14 REPLIES
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

by 20 kbps, i meant 20 kbps lower than normal, :p
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

The issue of high pings during peak times has been apparrent for about a week now. It has been mentioned on these boards and discussed over on adslguide, with several theories put forward as to the cause.

The bandwidth usage has co-incidently been quite high during this period also but Plus Net have steered us away form any corelation.

Unfortunately we havent been given a clear indication as to the cause, but it seems to have affected paths ag2 and ag3. As per previous problems, a modem / router reboot has enabled routing via a different gateway and the problem has gone away. But with ag2 and 3 affected it narrows the options.
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

well if this continues, i'm certainly not staying. it's a joke, and if they aren't prepared to find a solution or even admit to what the problem is. i don't call that good customer service.
mike001
Grafter

Pings 7 - 11

Hi
I was just checking the forums for this very reason. I am getting 200+ pings
I am getting very irratic pings.
I have had this before but managed to get onto a different pipe but now alas its not working ....So what do we do ...raise a ticket and go thro all the dam rubbish about checking this checking that only to find that its nothing to do with us :-)
Oh well ticket time again :-)
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

tbh, I dont reckon a ticket will reveal much other than the standard responses. I firmly believe that this issue is not covered in the the csc knowledge base.

There are some very knowledgeable people over on AG asking all the right questions but so far no answers from Plus Net.
mike001
Grafter

Pings 7 - 11

Just been checking my speeds and thay are all over the place up and down like a fidlers elbow Cry
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

Just been checking my speeds and thay are all over the place up and down like a fidlers elbow Cry

Your not the only one, mine are the same, very erratic :x
mike001
Grafter

Pings 7 - 11

Its now 12:00am and I have now got myself back on ptn-ag1
All seams to be ok now....+net must getting to bizzy as my exchange has spear capacity
Anyone no when +net is adding more Capacity to there network ?
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

Anyone no when +net is adding more Capacity to there network ?

they need it asap?
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

jesus.. you'd think they would of thought about adding more capacity before getting so many put onto the 2 meg service. at this rate they're gonna lose a lot of customers loyalty if this continues
phatty
Grafter

Pings 7 - 11

I for one am glad I only signed up with a one month minimum contract, although I will have to cough up the rest of the activation fee before buggering off (if before 12 months is up).

But in my opinion it will be worth it.

The first month with PlusNet was great, regular d/l speeds 200kb+, but now its all going horribly pearshaped!

I came to PlusNet because of all of the good things I had read about them and also what friends had to say.

My last connection was with Wanadoo 512k, and I got better speeds with that!

Come on plusnet, get a grip!
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

I came to PlusNet because of all of the good things I had read about them and also what friends had to say.

Come on plusnet, get a grip!

As did I and many many others...unlike you my speeds have been eractic right from the first day with Plusnet.
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

I was with plusnet for around 2/3 years on 512k, the service was extremely good most of the time. Ever since they've brought out this 2 meg offer, everything has gone pear-shaped. I wish i had stayed paying 23:95 for 512 with eclipse, at least my pings were ALWAYS very low and speeds always maxed out. WIsh I could say the same with Plusnet
N/A

Pings 7 - 11

ok i aint experienced any probs really my connections been in the 230kb/s downloading so there is no problem there could be that i am from north of scotland lol.

only experience i have with my con this week is when downloading p2p i was getting 350 an 150 upload which seemed a bit mad but not complaining good to know when i occasionally find something to download i can get it quick.