cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking up Email on a different line

N/A

Hi,

I'll be off to uni in a weeks time and I am wondering if I will still be able to access my plusnet emails through my outlook client whilst being on the university network connection.

Obviously the account will still be active at home under the rest of the family.

It is probably an obvious answer however I have looked through forum search and the help assistant but I might not be picking the right keywords.

I am aware the online client may still work however I am specifically asking about collecting the mails through outlook.

Thank you for your help
4 REPLIES
N/A

you can pick up your emails ok in outlook or webmail. What you cant do is send emails as Plus net only accept emails from their ip range.

So to send emails you will have to use webmail or dial in to plus net
N/A

You could be able to send mails using an SMTP server at uni. Very often you'll find they have a help section on their intranet site to help you with changing the settings.
costich
Grafter

You will be given a student mailbox shortly after arrival. You can then redirect your plusnet mail to your student account if you want, or just set up your client to collect from both accounts. Outgoing mail will have to be sent through your student account.
Merlin
Grafter

Assuming Uni provide you with pop and smtp servers it shouldn't be a problem. Just go to tools, email accounts, get to the settings page (location varies slightly depending on which version of Outlook/OE you use, but pretty obvious) change the outgoing email/smtp server name from relay.plus.net to the new one for Uni. You will have to change back when you come home in the vac.