cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physically Activating my line

N/A

I have been given a date for BT to "physically activate" my line for 2Meg ADSL do i have to pay for this?

What wil BT actually do to my line?

WIll my username & password be sent out once this has been completed and if so how soon wil it be?...

Thanx
Kyle
7 REPLIES
janitor
Grafter

You shouldn't have to pay for activation if you joined using the free setup, unless you leave within the 5 years, and your user name and password are the one you picked during sign up ,the one you use to login to the portal. User name should be followed by "@plusdsl.net" i believe. hope this helps and if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me. Cheesy
N/A

Hi,

Welcome to the forums

As Edward said above, what or if you have to pay depends on what you signed up for.

If you signed up (made clear during the process) for free activation then no, you wont pay anything now.

As part of Plus Nets "you stay we pay" scheme, the costs borne by Plus Net during your activation will have to be paid back if you leave within 5 years. These costs reduce every year from year 1 - 5 until you are clear of this period.

As for your username etc, you will receive these before you connect.
N/A

do you know how soon i can recieve username and password?

Wil i recieve a phone number with these connection details? as i do not know which number to connect with..

are all 0845 numbers local call rate numbers?
N/A

Hi again,

Firstly with ADSL there is no number to dial. You simply connect your router or ADSL modem via a filter to the phone line. Once you have configured your username and password it should connect automatically when it is switched on. In the case of a router it should be on 24/7 unless you disconnect it.

The set up of your modem or router will depend on which type / model you opt for.

As for your user name it should take the form of kmacauley@plusdsl.net and the password wil be the one you chose on sign up.

You should receive these details by email well before you line is activated.
N/A

i am using the Voyager 105 Modem supplied by Plusnet. It is the same connection type as my old dialup connection type username and paaswrod but by using the voyager software and clicking connect and then typing my username and properties there is a phone number box which is currently set @ 0,38 is this correct?
N/A

Hi there,

Unfortunately I have absolutely no knowledge of that particular modem.

If it was supplied by Plus Net there should be fairly good instructions.

If in any doubt give the support people a ring 0845 1400200, they should be able to answer those queries for you. This is generally a quieter time of night so you should get through fairly quickly.

Hope you get your connection sorted quickly and I look forward to seeing you on the boards again.
N/A

thanx for all ya help pcsni

but i will wait for the BT engineer to activate my line, and username and password to be sent before i make any phone calls