cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for ADSL Connection??????

Highlighted
N/A

This may sound weird, some ADSL modems require this (my Plusnet supplied USB modem required this). I need this info to set my fathers connection. I have forgotten what the information for the connection telephone number is. The details that are required for a ADSL connection is something like h1, 39. I forget what exactly, help appreciated.
5 REPLIES
N/A

For the modems that need this, it will be "0,38"

You where not far off Smiley
N/A

There is no phone number required for DSL to connect. You may be confusing it with the dialup backup number.
If your modem does ask for a number, this is simply due to that fact that the front end maybe from an old dialup modem. For example, I had a Samsung USB modem that asked for a phone number. Simply leaving it blank or using 00000 was OK.

All the details should be on the signup email. If you have not received the email, the line may not yet be activated.

To connect to DSL you need the some, if not all, of the following:
Login : username@plus.net (or username@plusdsl.net)
password : your signup password
IP address : IP address supplied - usually only for routers
Encapsulation : PPPoA (PPP over ATM VCMUX)
Multiplexing : VC based
VCI : 38
VPI : 0
Authentication : CHAP
Primary DNS : 212.159.13.49
Secondary DNS : 212.159.13.50
N/A

Some USB and PCI modems do require a phone number. They are accepted in the format of "VPI,VCI". In the case of the UK "0,38".

Most however, do not, and as you say, just ignore the number passed.
N/A

Thanks, I didn't have all the info with me to complete the task today so I'll fiish on Tuesday. I was trying to hack my brains about my connection a year ago when I had the USB Modem - I just remebered there was something in the dial-up section.

Thanks for info.
holdtight
Grafter

If your running windows XP it doesnt need
the "0,38" it will work it all out for you,
but if your running ME or 98 they both do, windows works
in strange ways !