cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and ADSL at the same time

N/A

Phone and ADSL at the same time

I've got one of the dodgy batch of plusnet splitters, with from the usual problems of the line dropping every 4 or 5 minutes.

However, I've also noticed that when I use the phone at the same time, it is very difficult to hear the caller, because of the ammount of electronic computer signals on the same line.

Anyone else got the same experience?

Andy M
www.dove21.com
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Phone and ADSL at the same time

> I've got one of the dodgy batch of plusnet splitters, with from the usual problems of the line dropping every 4 or 5 minutes.
>
> However, I've also noticed that when I use the phone at the same time, it is very difficult to hear the caller, because of the ammount of electronic computer signals on the same line.
>
> Anyone else got the same experience?
>
> Andy M
> www.dove21.com

This is what the filters prevent!
when you get some good filters the phone will be clear and the connection will stop dropping out.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

I thought that might be the case, but not having experienced anything else I just wasn't sue whether the noise on the line was 'as good as it gets'.

Looking forward to the carrer pidgeon bringing the new splitters! Taking a while!

Andy
N/A

> I thought that might be the case, but not having experienced anything else I just wasn't sue whether the noise on the line was 'as good as it gets'.
>
> Looking forward to the carrer pidgeon bringing the new splitters! Taking a while!
>
> Andy

I just had my line activated and I installed 1 filter only (on the same socket where the router is connected), my other phone is connected without DSL filter and I have not experienced any noise or similar so farHuh
I can use both phone and Internet simulteniously with no line drops, sounds bizzar does'nt it, but I am happy if it stays this way.

Hope you get it sorted soon...

Dan

ADSL 512 + EN 5861 Router + Win XP Pro