cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People with upgrade problems please read this!

N/A

Guys,

Check your router/modem settings are set to this:

"VC based or VC/MUX. What it should not be set to is LLC"

And keep everything else as default - then reboot the whole lot.

This fixed my prob.

Forum mods I'd suggest that you communicate this info to everyone via email and hopefully they will pick it up at work - it will save you effort and you customers a lot of stress. When we (well I certainly) got a huge email from you guys patting yourselves on the back it said change nothing! THIS IS PLAINLY NOT TRUE.

I'm still not happy that I'm on a Tiscalli network and will move away eventually out of principal As they screwed me around something terrible when i was with them.

Also not happy that i was emailed rather than called, seeing as I had no internet connection - not the best.
4 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

VC/MUX is how plusnet tell you to connect in the original connection instructions, which is why they say you need to change nothing.
N/A

I had my connection set up as per the original instructions, then got an email saying nothing needed to be changed.
Community Veteran

In theory nothing should need to be changed.

My guess would be that our modems / routers are trying to be clever when the connection is being switched to LLU it goes down. When the connection comes back up I think the router may try to connect using default settings and fail so it will try again using different settings. This also fails but the router doesn't change back for some reason.

It's only a guess but it makes sense to me...
N/A

Re: People with upgrade problems please read this!

Guys,

Check your router/modem settings are set to this:

"VC based or VC/MUX. What it should not be set to is LLC"

And keep everything else as default - then reboot the whole lot.

This fixed my prob.

WOW....after several call to the support line and 5 days with no connection, i find this and it works!!! Well done Markio, perhaps Plusnet should give you a job :lol: