cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalised for being a long term loyal customer

N/A

Yet again I have been victim of Plusnet's refusal to allow pre-existing customers to take advantage of server-side SPAM protection.

Why is it that bargain-basement entry-level customers should enjoy better services on their account than premium customers simpy because they have been with Plusnet for several years?

Also why can I not turn off the catch-all on the main account, catch-all is the single most exploited weakness in email and to not allow users to turn it off is a very poor reflection on Plusnet.

I have now turned off collection of ALL Plusnet email, if they need to contact me they will have to figure out another way.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I am confused, your joining date indicates that we joined within a month, but I have access to PlusNets Spam controls.

What Account type are you on?

If it is old legacy account, the up coming product refresh may be a good time to move over to a current product.

Chilly
N/A

PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 it says in my account details.

I asked of 'support' previously and I was told I had to 'upgrade' my service.

And yet I have enrolled 7 or 8 customers all have gone for lesser accounts and all have been offered these services out of the box.

That's the SPAM bit, what about the 'catch-all' nonsense?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

How long ago did you ask? The spam and antivirus should be available on your account, I've just made sure, you should be able to configure them under Email Settings.

You can blackhole the catch-all address by raising a ticket, we'll shortly be rolling out a tool so you can do this via the portal (the default will be automatically blackholed).
N/A

Thank you Dave,

They are indeed both there but I assure you they weren't before I had my moan.

I have asked a couple of times via tickets in the past, I tend to do it when I've had a spate of SPAM and it gets on my wick enough to moan.

I'll now raise a ticket about the catch-all.

Thanks again.

I must say the forum is a way, way more efficient machine than support tickets!

Regards,

Andy
N/A

I have the same problem as you

I have been a loyal customer for some years, but I do not have that facility either. All i can do is configure the mailboxes, but spam removal etc no chance.
I haven't raised a ticket as it just might be that I could get the same benefits as you being on the same subscription. i hope so
regards
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

Should be there now (well within 15 minutes), for some reason it wasn't showing up on the email settings page.
Community Veteran

That's 2 homesurf users that were not correctly setup on the last product refresh. Time to raise a problem to investigate how many others were also not changed.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I remember raising one about this a while back, I think it was closed but will check up and raise another if it was.
N/A

Email settings

Thanks for doing that for me, there's service for you.
Buudien