cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak time usage

N/A

Peak time usage

I'm fuming, just been sent a e-mail stating plusnet are applying usage management to my plus account for peak usage for this billing montn exceeding the product design. What gives, my usage for the last three months has never excedeed 10gb's for each month, this month was a whole grand total of 5.27gbs.
Plusnet have got to be kidding or I'm offf and they can go to hell, damm cheek....
Lyn
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Peak time usage

See http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37901

Traffic management on BB+ starts once you reach 5GB of downloaded data.
N/A

Peak time usage

Hi, so I exceeded the amount of 5g during peak time, 8:00-midnight, in nov dec and jan, but plusnet only clarified it on the 12 Jan? What kind of company is this, change the rules whenever, don't let their user know about the implications until after they've broken the rules?
And what exactly does traffic management imply??
Lyn
PS I'm looking for alternatives, as is my right, I now feel ashamed about recommending PN three customer that now have accounts with them.....
N/A

Peak time usage

Same here. I only knew i had exceeded the limit when i recieved an email saying i had been subjected to level 4 management. What happened to level 1-3 warnings? I was going off my peakusuage bar like usual. I didnt recieve an email about changes but was quick to recieve an email warning me? I myself have recomended Pnet to many people who are now asking me what the hell is going on. Cry
N/A

Peak time usage

I got the level 2,3,4 in 24 hour, when I stop any download tasks. Maybe they just applied watever limitations on any customer they want.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Peak time usage

I repeat, what is traffic management and how will it affect me?
Lyn
Community Veteran

Peak time usage

N/A

Peak time usage

So what you are saying is that I'm now paying for a 2mb connection, but I'm actually getting a 500k or a month, what a rip off. Found this http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/partner-224/package-info-201-2mb+unlimited+broadband+free+weekend+..., all for £15.99...
Lyn
Community Veteran

Peak time usage

I'm saying nothing of the sort.

What speeds you get depends on the package you are on, how much data you have downloaded, whether you have exceeded any of the limits imposed and what type of downloads you are doing. If all your downloads are below any of the figures published your download speed will be upto your line speed. Exceeding any of the limits will mean your speed is reduced at certain times of the day.
N/A

Peak time usage

Hi, look can we have some clarity please, I've been put on level 1 mangement, now when I perform speed tests I'm only getting around 500kbps, whereas b4 it was the correct figure for a 2mb connection. My usage for nov was around 8g, for dec it was nearer 10, this month it's only been, so far 5.4. I don't p2p, cos it doesn't work, I don't bit torrent cos, despite PN's denial, it is throttled, So why is my speed so slow then?
Lyn
Community Veteran

Peak time usage

I have no idea. and FYI bit torrent is P2P.

Have you excluded exchange contention by running the BT Speed tester.

What tests have you been running to determin your speed?

What speed can you download at from the BTO HTTP download test?
N/A

Peak time usage

Ok, it took 1m30secs to d/load the 5mb file, I've been using PN's own speed tester, all, including yours indicate I have a connection speed of around 500kbps, has only happened today. I will perform the other tester tomorrow.
By the way my router says ADSL Link Speed 2272 kbps SNR 28 db SNR 21.5 db
So are you saying that I shouldn't be throttled back?

Lyn
Community Veteran

Peak time usage

You are on level 1 management so your speeds will be affected, by how much is unknown as PN have not published what level 1 means for BB+ users.

If BB+ level 1 management is the same as premier level 1 management then that states speeds will be upto 512Kbs which appears to be what you are getting.
N/A

Peak time usage

Hi again, so if PB don't publish how are we too know. I'm paying for a 2mb connection and I should get a 2mb connection, if not I want a rebate. If I don't get what I'm paying for then I'll refer the matter to Ofcom and then go elsewhere....
Lyn
sproutman

Another One

Same thing just happened to me. Ofcom is the answer, and word of mouth or email to any one else you know1 Shame on you Plus-Net!!