Peak-time usage management allowance

N/A

What is it for Premier 20gigs Huh
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

This thread is in the wrong forum.

Depends on what premier package you are on. See http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml for P2P allowances and http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml for SUP allowances.
N/A

2 mb connection
N/A

Thread moved from ideas and suggestions. A quick note to the OP.

The forums have a search function. The answer you require has been answered many times on the boards. it might save you a bit of hassle in future by trying a search.

Just a thought.
firmager
Grafter

I have a question!!

I understand about traffic management and I can see where Plus.Net are coming from, but it's now 00:45 (i.e. NOT peak time), so therefore shouldn't all my programs be running at the full capacity of my 2mb connection (im on broadband plus)HuhHuh

Because my P2P software refuses to download faster than 5kbps, which to be fair, is no better than dial-up. I stay up all this time just to download a quick song and all I get is service not worthy of the title broadband!??!

Any suggestions?!

Any comments plus.net??!
Community Veteran

It's not like a switch off then on, it appears to take time (upto 90 minutes from my experience) before full speed is acheived. I have no idea why it takes so long but others have noticed as well.

See what speeds you get around 1.30am.
firmager
Grafter

Does this imply that it should also take up to 90 minutes to slow down again afterwards??

Because if not then surely Plus.Net should alter their official Off-peak hours as this is false advertising