HellFire
Grafter

Paying to much

Am I paying to much as I’m paying £30 for 1mb when 2mb is £22
29 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Paying to much

Sounds like it. Put in a ticket to be downgraded to the £22 premier package (free) and either wait for the free upgrade to 2Mb, or jump the queue and pay £14.99.

Downside, if it is one, is that if/when 4 or 8Mb comes along, you'll have to pay an upgrade fee of £14.99 and not be at the front of the queue.
N/A

Paying to much

Yeah i just downgraded to the 2mb prem and it will cost me 29.99 to do so. But worth it for 2mb and cheaper monthly bills
hillers
Grafter

Paying to much

the new 4mb and 8mb packages do seem a bit expensive, but who would be crazy to pay upto £20 extra per month to be front of the queue for when they become available since there is no confirmed date yet for full rollout across the country. :?:
pgudge
Grafter

Paying to much

dito

I am also on 1mb Premier, should I contact support to downgrade to 2mb (£22) now, or will PN automatically transfer people over when they're ready?

All up for a £8/month saving Smiley
N/A

Paying to much

seems like I am too. I upgraded my account to allow for any usuage I may need.
Now the FUP has changed, and I dont need this package any more.
I notice on the excahnge upgrade list, my exchange is sceduled for an upgrade on june 5th, along with a load of other exchanges. Is this the date from which my excahnge will be capable of 4mbs and 8mbs speeds. If so it might be worth going to the 21.99 premier package for 2 months (saving £36) and then back up to the £40 package with a regrade (£15). That's only If i'm not made to wait for weeks for the paid regrade to go through. As I definately want 8mb, I just dont want to have to pay in excess to get it as soon as possible.

Your thoughts?
pgudge
Grafter

Paying to much

I thought the 4mb/8mb exchange dates were October/Novermber time.
Community Veteran

Paying to much

The higher speed trial is planned to end in Sept.
N/A

Paying to much

hmm so the june 5th date has nothing to do with the faster DSL. I think i'd best move to the 21.99 package in any case
HellFire
Grafter

Paying to much

When going through the upgrade it says I can have 4 MB then says I can go up to the highest my line will support which is 2mb so what is it 2mb or 4mb
hillers
Grafter

Paying to much

2mb, because you could be living too far a away for 4mb.
N/A

Paying to much

i just realised i'm in the same boat as u hellfire then came to the forums to check for catches etc and spoted ur thread Smiley

Are there any catches to moving to Broadband Premier 2mb for 21.99 p/m?

...Seems too good to be true since i'm on ADSL Home 1Mb and paying 29.99 a month when i could get 2mb for 21.99 with identicle service?..
HellFire
Grafter

Paying to much

I would of preferred to pay £30 for 4MB instead of a very slow 2MB but 4 MB is not out yet so I’ve just ordered the 2MB but they wont do it until the next payment is due so I will have to wait a bit, still it’s a bit cheaper so that’s something cant moan about that double the speed for less that’s a good deal maybe when the faster connections are available I will upgrade but until them I will enjoy 2MB :lol:
pgudge
Grafter

Paying to much

Am I paying to much as I’m paying £30 for 1mb when 2mb is £22

I am also on 1mb Premier, should I contact support to downgrade to 2mb (£22) now, or will PN automatically transfer people over when they're ready?

Can anyone shed some light on the question at hand?

Thanks.
N/A

Paying to much

Only that plusnet have to stop overcharging you...? Wink