cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for 512k to 2mb home premier upgrade- how long?

N/A

What's been the turnaround time on these upgrades recently? Cheers.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrades How quick reply

Hello,

I upgraded from F9 ADSL self install home 512K to F9 Broadband Premier 2MB's and paid £14.99 (one off fee) for the jump in speed and it took 24Hrs.

**But I was told it could take between 5-7 days from BT's end, I think it was so fast because my exchange had already been upgraded & has 2MB running. Plus I was aready running 512K ADSL previously.

**Of course an upgrade will be faster if its a paid upgrade rather than one of the mass bulk BT upgrades done as part of their rollout of 2MB's.

Ivan

--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
LiamM
Grafter

When did you request this. If it was earlier on today, and the request has been sent to BT then it's more than likely you'll be regraded in the early hours and wake up tomorrow morning with higher speeds.

Everyone I know who has recently regraded has been done the night after the order has been submitted.

The system is now fully automated.
N/A

Well, I'm taking your word for it and hoping it will happen tonight. Hoping to get some serious LAN gaming done over half term. Cheesy I guess it'll show up on the connection settings when it's done? I think my exchange is 2mb enabled so there's no probs there.
N/A

automatic upgrade or not?

I'm on ADSL Home Install (annual contract for past 2 years) 512k @ £21.99 per month.

My ADSL diagnostic tool showed that my BT exchange was upgraded to 2mb a month ago but I am still on 512k.

I thought PlusNet was automatically upgrading existing accounts to 2mb; am I wrong & do I have to submit a request? :?

Drew
N/A

Upgrades to 2MB

Hi Drew,

OK! Its your actual phone line that now needs to be upgraded to 2MB's (as you say it sounds like your exchange is already 2MB enabled). Yes! I'd definately contact PN customer support to find out when your line & speeds will be upgraded.

Ivan

--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
N/A

Re: automatic upgrade or not?

I'm on ADSL Home Install (annual contract for past 2 years) 512k @ £21.99 per month.

My ADSL diagnostic tool showed that my BT exchange was upgraded to 2mb a month ago but I am still on 512k.

I thought PlusNet was automatically upgrading existing accounts to 2mb; am I wrong & do I have to submit a request? :?

Drew

Hello Drew,

I have been on the very same account as yourself for a few years now, ADSL Home Self Install - Annual Contract.

I got an email from PlusNet early this morning to say I'd been increased to 1 MB free of charge.
It was a very nice surprise and I checked it on the speed tester and yes, it is 1 mb now.

I'm happy about it because to be honest I didn't think I would ever get any faster than 512k, last time I tried to upgrade was about 1 year ago and BT said my exchange wasn't fast enough.
So I don't know maybe they changed it all now, and if so, £21.99 a month should equal = 2 mb ADSL account I think no?.
Not that I'm being greedy now, I'm just asking.

Anyone know? Can I upgrade my PlusNet account to 2 mb premium, because id still be paying the same money, each month £21.99 and maybe get a little faster speed... seems sensible no?.
I'm not sure what my BT exchange can handle now, but it seems to work with the 1 MB free upgrade since early this morning.

Thanks for the free upgrade PlusNet, it's great to have a faster connection after all this time waiting, thanks! Cheesy Cool
N/A

automatic upgrade or not?

Despite the BT line upgrade to 2mb, the line remained set to 512k at Plusnet's end.

A quick call to the support centre on 0845 1400200 indicated that PlusNet were not aware/hadn't been notified of the upgrade.

15 minutes later and a quick reconnection, and I was tearing away at 2mb. Cheesy

Drew