cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not found error at first login.

N/A

After a recent unwanted reinstall and reformat ,i now find that when i start up my web connection the first thing i get is a Page not found error and have to refresh the page to get the intended page to appear. i think i seen the same problem mentioned in the forums before but cant find it to see if there was a solution. Ring any bells with anyone ?
6 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

What setup do you have? Modem or Router? and if router, wireless or wired?
N/A

just a bogstandard ext usb adsl modem, everything configured ok. Cant figure out why it starts like this .
N/A

I've had this problem occasionally with my DG834 - for some reason the first dns lookup call fails giving you the page can not be found error and then it works....

Trying to think what could be at fault here and my mind is going blank Sad
N/A

Same prob

Funny you should mention this cos I have the same problem. Again with a usb modem (Copperjet800) a quick refresh solves it but how odd it always does it when I first start up.
N/A

My DG834 also used to do it.
The reason was that my ADSL connection had dropped in the background, but by the time I refreshed the page, my router had managed to re-connect, hence it worked.
There could be a timeout setting on your router/modem.
If you set the timeout to 0 it could help (even though it isn't supposed to make a difference)
N/A

I have resolved the problem by starting my connection along with windows (xp home) and choosing not to have any alerts shown during the startup period. Go to your connection properties/options and untick the boxes and hopefully that will work, it done the trick for me and it takes away the need to login as well.