cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss

N/A

Packet Loss

Since recently ive been getting loads of packet loss, lagging out on games web pages taking forever. This has only been going on for about 5 days.... wot have u done my ADSL, it has gone to pot.

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Packet Loss

> Since recently ive been getting loads of packet loss, lagging out on games web pages taking forever. This has only been going on for about 5 days.... wot have u done my ADSL, it has gone to pot.
>
>

I've got pretty good pings and no losses so may be a problem your end.

If you've running xp or w2k try pathping as it may identify where the problem is.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=pipex&Number=476215

N/A

> Since recently ive been getting loads of packet loss, lagging out on games web pages taking forever. This has only been going on for about 5 days.... wot have u done my ADSL, it has gone to pot.
>
>Its plusnet again Allan. My download is 67-149 kbps. Ive found that 99.9999% of the time if you have a problem it is at the other end. The only thing you can do is wait for them to get their act together.

N/A

>

Just cos you've got download speeds of 67-149 doesn't mean its a plusnet problem. I suppose you can justify the 99.9999% statement can you? I doubt it.

My speeds are:

Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 508 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 242 Kbps (30.3 KB/sec) 261 Kbps (inc. overheads)

regardless of the time of day and have been like this since I made the MTU and RWIN changes months ago.

I think its highly likely that you also have a problem at your end, although no one can be certain without further information.

I wonder what new users think when they read posts like yours stating unsubstantiated facts.
N/A

totally agreed !!

N/A

> I think its highly likely that you also have a problem at your end, although no one can be certain without further information.
>
> I wonder what new users think when they read posts like yours stating unsubstantiated facts.

The connection (setup) at my end is fine, but I was experiencing a big slowdown as well.

Like the time they had a problem with new equipment at BT, or the time they had a problem with a bug in the software for a new router I think it was.

UnSubstantiated nice big word dude trying to sound clever are we, but I think you will find that the above got posted by plusnet to the service status page.

I was just trying to help a fellow gamer by letting him know that his setup was probably ok.

The resent dos attack was not my end either
and its been posted by plusnet (so thats not an unsustanciated comment now is it) Durrrrrr.