cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POll Are we all gonna jump ship and join Sky Broadband?

rob1969
Grafter

Sky is offering up to 16 mb for 10.00 per mth for sky subscribers.Plusnet is being a right pain lately I am paying 29.99 for a premier( :lol: ) up to 8 MB account and for the last week and a bit my speed has been 950 kps..Thats not acceptable in my book.
The customer service is non exsistent,I have regular disconnects, The fault checker is rubbish,Customers never get a straight answer.
I have been a Plusnet customer since the dial up days and a broadband customer since 2002 I would like to stay but I cant help feeling that Plusnet has finished thinking about the customer and just happy to take the money.
29 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The key phrase here is “Sky subscribers”, and talking to some sky subscribers this offer is only available on Sky LLU’ed exchanges.

Chilly
kosh2
Grafter

For me the bottom line is what will be the FUP.

When that is published and no doubt debated at length then I will know for sure. I am living in rural somerset but have the double luck of having an exchange LLUed with easynet and not LLUed with Tiscalli.

I do not have any of the issues with sky CS otehrs report.
N/A

I checked out sky broadband cos i couldn't beleive the prices, turns out the only one i can get is the £17.99 package, which to be honest isn't worth the hassle. So I'll stick with plusnet, 100% reliable for me, had a couple of issues over my time with them but nothing that hasn't been resolved and made good. never disconnects and rarely have need to raise a ticket. I'm staying Smiley
ID
Grafter

Sad another biased poll with no option for just NO

why bother with these pathetic polls that only cover what you want
kosh2
Grafter

Thanks for that concise well meaning comment. Guess you don't vote either in genral elections.
OldDave
Grafter

I wouldn't touch the Sky offer with a bargepole

The prices will rise every year

They'll send you automatic upgrades that will lock up your PC and then you will have to unplug your PC two or three times to get it going.
rob1969
Grafter

well I have done nothing but complain and raise tickets and it seems to have worked because I am getting a speed test result of 6 mb,If my connection stays like this I will stay but I wont hold my breath.
kosh2
Grafter

I wouldn't touch the Sky offer with a bargepole

The prices will rise every year

They'll send you automatic upgrades that will lock up your PC and then you will have to unplug your PC two or three times to get it going.

Thats sweeping considering we have no idea as yet what Sky are offering exactly. As far as we can tell they will not be using propriotory software.
OldDave
Grafter

Andre2

My comments are based on my experience with Sky Digital TV
rob1969
Grafter

I have been with Sky mono and now Sky digi for more than I care to remember and I can honestly say I have never had any trouble with them.
Bojangles
Grafter

Just a few things taken from the good people at Sky Broadband

Will I have to sign up to an 18 month contract?
A - No, Sky's is 12 months

I'm on a month by month contract, Direct Debit does it nicely, no long term obligation.

What's the cost of the broadband package when you've added up all the extras?
A - Even if you look at Sky Broadband Base with a £40 activation fee and FREE subscription, you could still save £157 over a year when compared to AOL Silver

It goes downhill when they mention AOL. FUP still applies. Can't find any information about the levels on the site. This is still all on top of the monthly Sky fees.

Personally, I have had nothing but joy from Plusnet: Solid connection, great value, and free upgrades.

Why would anyone want to change from an experienced and knowledgable to a rookie broadband provider?
kosh2
Grafter

Because their CS staff are geenrally no longer knowledgable. traffic shaping is evident on p2p, disconnects are becoming more frequent, and because the grass is often greener on the otehr side.

As I said, you cannot judge Sky until you know more about FUP etc and easynet, which they are using, are not a fledgling ISP.
N/A

will move soon

Link:censored joke of a service, broadband been down a week, you can't speak to anyone you have to leave a message - logging an issue on here is next to impossible, just spent 10 mins going through hundreds of Link:censored checks when I haven't changed bugger all - the only thing to have changed is the "upgrade".

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Avoidance of swear filter removed.
ronnieuk
Dabbler

POll Are we all gonna jump ship and join Sky Broadband

I'm customer of Sky, looked at site you hae to pay 40 pound I think and the cheap broadband isn't available so think its a big no from me sky broadband