cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN BB and downloading zip files

N/A

Ive been having trouble when downloading zip files and not all from the same source . The download appears to go ok but when I unzip it it tells me there is a bad CRC and this means that only part of the zip is downloaded and in the example of a zip of jpegs only soem of them appear when unzipped . Sad .
Anyone else had experience of this and able to suggest what might be causing it . Could it be something causing "noise" on the line . Everything else seems to be ok.
Stuart
6 REPLIES
N/A

Generally, when I have experienced CRC errors when unpacking downloaded ZIP files I have always been able to cure it by re-downloading, sometimes from a different/more reliable source. Sometimes, on dial-up, not running other browser sessions concurrent with the download solves the problem.

The other options are duff hard disk, RAM, etc..
N/A

Downloading, and canceling midway causes this.

The portion downloaded is cought in the cache, however, when downloading the rest, it isn't retored to full correctly, causing the CRC error.
N/A

But it isnt being cancelled midway though Huh
Stuart
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Can also be a bad download manager or browser, Opera sometimes does that and I then have to use IE.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Check the size of your browser cache. IE certainly uses this to store downloaded files before putting them where you want - if the chache is too small, part of teh files get lost.
N/A

Hi,

Have you checked the disk space available on the drive/partition where the Temporary Internet Files folder is stored? On thing IE doesn't handle very well is if you've run out of disk space - it tends to report the download as being complete, but actually leaves an incomplete file on the disk.

You may also like to temporarily disable any virus checkers to see if this solves the problem - and try downloading a zip file from our network, such as this screensaver from our file vault:
http://portal.plus.net/central/file_vault/file_vault_download.html?filename=eglwti11.zip