cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUSNET - PLEASE READ!!!!!!

N/A

I have had no internet for 5 days now. I keep getting the 731 Error when trying to connect " Veryfying Username and Password " is as far as it gets.

I have tried contacting Customer Service and find myself waiting in a queue for over an hour. When trying again, I left my detals on a automated service and was informed that I would be contacted in 8 hours. That was 2 days ago.

With all due respect, I am unable to spend all day on the forums as I have to work, so apologies if I am going over something that has been covered, but I have even found the Help and Support option on this site useless.

Could somebody from PlusNet please tell me whats going on, how long my service will be down, and what is going to be done to rectify it.

Thank you

Alex Palmer
alexmpalmer@gmail.com
9 REPLIES
N/A

finally :') someone on the same boat!
N/A

The best thing to do is cancel your PlusNet account. I have been trying to contact them for 4 weeks, but to no avail. Even cancelling your contract is difficult. I have left several messages on the help assistant asking to cancel my contract but these have been deleted. I then sent a letter by recorded delivery 3 weeks ago but no reply. PlusNet are completely hopeless and will probably not be around for very much longer!
N/A

I had the same problem and was unable to connect for 2 weeks, I contacted Plusnet a number of times and they finally decided that I had changed some of the settings and thats why I couldn't connect. I hadn't changed anything. I went away for a weekend and when I got back everything was up and running again.

I tried myself to get a MAC code and cancel my contract due to the problems I had and general lack of decent support but was told they would take over £100 off me for the privilege of leaving, which I can't afford so it looks like I'm stuck with slow speeds and regular disconnections with no explanation until I can afford to leave.
N/A

Yep ... similar hing here with me. Going on 6 weeks now.

My Broadband was ... ahem ... "upgraded" from 2MBs which worked without a hitch to what is now between 5.9MBs & 6.5MBs only thing is it disconnects after 30-40 minutes and I have to re-boot the PC to connect.

Now, in the last 2-3 days, I've been getting up to the "Vefifying Username & Password" message, then nothing happens except for an error code (usually 731).

I have to try repeatedly for 15-20 minutes before it finally connects - only to then disconnect itself after 30-40 minutes again !!!. Nce One PlusNet.

Funny thing is; they still manage to take my £21.99 monthly payment without any problems.
N/A

Thinking back, there were problems with people having their realms changed about meaning they had to change their log-in information.

It might not help at all, but if you currently log in using:

"xxx@plus.net" (or similar)

try seeing if it works with "xxx@plusdsl.net".
N/A

I finally managed to speak to PlusNet and they told me to try using a different modem.....so I will try that....but I dont think that will help

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Alex
N/A

that's their standard response, along with change the filters and try plugging the modem into a different phone socket. i had been able to connect without any problems since may 2005 until the last 2 months and nothing about my installation had changed, but they still insisted i tried a new modem. ended up having to buy a new router/modem from pc world and trying that. funnily enough it didn't solve the problem....
N/A

PlusNet suck...

The tech support queue is 'over 1 hour' but sales is 'up to 10 minutes'. Don't existing customers come first.

I'll be quitting PlusNet and going elsewhere. I need to know when my internet connection will work - like many others, my business depends on it - and they can't tell me.

Same story: 'leave a message, back to you in 8 hours, might be 10 days to settle down...' blah, blah. Put somebody on a phone to answer our questions.
N/A

Exactly the same here. It says 'Verifying Username and password' and then nothing, although one in every 20 or so attempts 'will' get me a connection... sometimes... I was without internet for a couple of weeks and the helpline was telling me over an hours wait. Why are we still with them??! Oh yes, because they ignore us when we ask our service to be canelled. They are also telling me it's probably a fault at my end. How can they say that when so many people are experiencing exatly the same fault? :x Grrrrr