cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUSNET IS SUMTHING WRONG OR WOT

N/A

PLUSNET IS SUMTHING WRONG OR WOT

i am still continuing to get very slow net access, web browsing is painfully slow and im currently trying to get BF1942 1.3 patch ive tried over 10 different locations (UK and US) and i cant get above 2k, yes 2k, my ping in games is fine but seem to be having BIG problems for downloading and web browsing
17 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PLUSNET IS SUMTHING WRONG OR WOT

Andy,

Before you get the 1.3 patch remember that EA's servers in the UK are still running 1.2 (presumably because of all the sound issues in 1.3) If you have bought the Road to Road expansion pack like I have then the EA UK RTR servers are on 1.3 - daft isn't it. That means at the moment if you want to play on EA UK servers then you have to choose between vanilla BF1942 or RTR until they sort themselves out!!
N/A

Hmm,

Good pings and slow downloads, sound the same as when I put in my MTU and RWIN figures the wrong way round(DOH!!). Have you checked this ?

Bill
N/A

> Andy,
>
> Before you get the 1.3 patch remember that EA's servers in the UK are still running 1.2 (presumably because of all the sound issues in 1.3) If you have bought the Road to Road expansion pack like I have then the EA UK RTR servers are on 1.3 - daft isn't it. That means at the moment if you want to play on EA UK servers then you have to choose between vanilla BF1942 or RTR until they sort themselves out!!

im getting the patch from NVIDIA website, i phoned 2 of my friends and asked them to test what speed they wud get, they both got about 57k....i was getting between 2-3k of course their ISP is NOT plusnet, i wish mine wasnt

PLUSNET ARE U LISTENING, LOOKING AROUND THE FORUMS IT SEEMS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, I JUST RECKON PLUSNET KNOW SUMTHING IS WRONG BUT JUST WONT SAY COS THEY CANT FIX IT

N/A

> > Andy,
> >
> > Before you get the 1.3 patch remember that EA's servers in the UK are still running 1.2 (presumably because of all the sound issues in 1.3) If you have bought the Road to Road expansion pack like I have then the EA UK RTR servers are on 1.3 - daft isn't it. That means at the moment if you want to play on EA UK servers then you have to choose between vanilla BF1942 or RTR until they sort themselves out!!
>
> im getting the patch from NVIDIA website, i phoned 2 of my friends and asked them to test what speed they wud get, they both got about 57k....i was getting between 2-3k of course their ISP is NOT plusnet, i wish mine wasnt
>
> PLUSNET ARE U LISTENING, LOOKING AROUND THE FORUMS IT SEEMS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, I JUST RECKON PLUSNET KNOW SUMTHING IS WRONG BUT JUST WONT SAY COS THEY CANT FIX IT
>
>

Just tried the latest drivers from Nvidia. Getting 50 K/s.
where is your exchange, is it a problem there ?

Bill
Community Veteran

> PLUSNET ARE U LISTENING, LOOKING AROUND THE FORUMS IT SEEMS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, I JUST RECKON PLUSNET KNOW SUMTHING IS WRONG BUT JUST WONT SAY COS THEY CANT FIX IT

Like many of the other people I don't have the same problem.

Perhaps if you post in the PlusNet support forum, they may well listen to you.

Chris
N/A

Andrew,

You have a local problem. Nowt to do with +net's network.

Ed.
N/A

> > PLUSNET ARE U LISTENING, LOOKING AROUND THE FORUMS IT SEEMS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE, I JUST RECKON PLUSNET KNOW SUMTHING IS WRONG BUT JUST WONT SAY COS THEY CANT FIX IT
>
> Like many of the other people I don't have the same problem.
>
> Perhaps if you post in the PlusNet support forum, they may well listen to you.
>
> Chris

isnt this the plusnet support forumHuh
N/A

> Andrew,
>
> You have a local problem. Nowt to do with +net's network.
>
> Ed.

im sure i dont have a local problem, i wud like to consider myself skilled with pc`s/networking/configuring/tweaking/overclockin etc im ***** if i know whats wrong, i dont have a local problem, my pings in games is fine, but web browsing and downloading from web is *****

Brickinit
Grafter

>
> im sure i dont have a local problem, i wud like to consider myself skilled with pc`s/networking/configuring/tweaking/overclockin etc im ***** if i know whats wrong, i dont have a local problem, my pings in games is fine, but web browsing and downloading from web is *****
>
>

andrew
looks like your skills have let you down'
this is the ADSL forum!!!! try the plusnet
forum (that's the next button up) if you wont a response from support or better still raise a ticket. when you find out what the problems are can you share them with us? as it might be usfull to others
Malc

:deadhead:
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

This is the ADSL support forum, CS very rarely post in here.

The Plusnet forum is the top one.
N/A

Yep here we go again web pages taking ages to load downloads speeds slow as hell

Delves
Grafter

Me to I've posted, raised tickets, but my pages loads are definatly slow.

> Yep here we go again web pages taking ages to load downloads speeds slow as hell
>
>

N/A

This is very odd, I can d/l from Nvidia at 60kbs, all the other sites I visit, mostly in the states, are fine too.

Maybe posting your area and the times that you are usually online might give us a clue?

Could it be that you are all using the same model of router/modem perhaps?

I'm in Manchester and on 8pm to 1am most evenings with a Draytek Vigor 2600We (and my ASUS AAM6000EV works too). No problems with browsing, games etc. etc.

Out of interest I'd be interested to hear what set-up the users with problems have, there may be a pattern.

Ed.
Delves
Grafter

I'm running XP pro and a 2100+ CPU, 512 ram Asus Mother board, A360 Dynamode modem, as supplied by +net.

It dont seem to matter when I'm on line the only pages that load quickley are the +net portal pages.

Can anyone else with slow web pages check how fast the +net pages load.

> This is very odd, I can d/l from Nvidia at 60kbs, all the other sites I visit, mostly in the states, are fine too.
>
> Maybe posting your area and the times that you are usually online might give us a clue?
>
> Could it be that you are all using the same model of router/modem perhaps?
>
> I'm in Manchester and on 8pm to 1am most evenings with a Draytek Vigor 2600We (and my ASUS AAM6000EV works too). No problems with browsing, games etc. etc.
>
> Out of interest I'd be interested to hear what set-up the users with problems have, there may be a pattern.
>
> Ed.
>