cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PINGS !!

N/A

PINGS !!

Sorry unfortunately I don't know where to look to find my ping ratings, which everyones talking about at the moment. Please can anyone help me ?
5 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: PINGS !!

If u are on windows 9x, 2k, me or xp ...

Click on start > run
type in command > press ok
then a dos like window will open...
in there type "ping www.google.com"; then press return (don't use "" and you will need the space between ping and www, you can use any website not just google)

The results will be shown below and it will tell u how long it takes to send a packet of data to a domain. If it takes a long time you can trace the route by going (instead of ping) "tracert www.google.com) and that will trace the route to that domain showing you every hop (every server) to get to the last server.

cUnDaLl

Ps hope this helps

N/A

> Sorry unfortunately I don't know where to look to find my ping ratings, which everyones talking about at the moment. Please can anyone help me ?

Yep all as Cundall post but if your using w2k or xp you can also use the pathping command which is a sort of a mix of Tracert and ping. This pings each hop numerous times and gives a fair indication of any problem on route, although the output looks a bid messy.

In the Command window type

pathping -p 10 -q 100 www.google.com
chino
Grafter

yeh i never knew about pathping, you learn somthing new every day !!

I prefer tracert as it you get a time for each hop but again it's a new thing i have learnt !!

Thanks

cUnDaLl
N/A

Cheers thank you very much, gettin 112. Not very good I suppose!!

N/A

Ok i've just used tracert and seen where the ping slows down, can anything be done about it?