cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI stay alive

N/A

PCI stay alive

My Dad's connection uses a PCI card rather than an efficient router like mine.

Conexant access runner.
In the real world, I'd just run a ping in the background, but does anyone know how to disable the timeout?
Thanks.... oh its running xp sp1
Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PCI stay alive

> Conexant access runner.
> In the real world, I'd just run a ping in the background, but does anyone know how to disable the timeout?

Hi Andrew,

I didn't know there was a timeout on the accessrunner... not meaning to patronise or anything but have you checked windows isn't doing anything stooopid?
N/A

> > Conexant access runner.
> > In the real world, I'd just run a ping in the background, but does anyone know how to disable the timeout?
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I didn't know there was a timeout on the accessrunner... not meaning to patronise or anything but have you checked windows isn't doing anything stooopid?
>

I have, its a vanilla install and nothing naughty is happening.
Most modems have a time-out either in H/W or S/W thus the reason for the question

N/A

> > > Conexant access runner.
> > > In the real world, I'd just run a ping in the background, but does anyone know how to disable the timeout?
> >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > I didn't know there was a timeout on the accessrunner... not meaning to patronise or anything but have you checked windows isn't doing anything stooopid?
> >
>
> I have, its a vanilla install and nothing naughty is happening.
> Most modems have a time-out either in H/W or S/W thus the reason for the question
>
>

m8 i have adsl runner and it never disconnects, the reason for this is u DO have to change some settings in your normal internet connection.
think this is the way.

right clik youe internet explorer icon on desktop,
then clik properties.
then connections tab (u shud see your adsl modem conection here)
then make sure its selected and clik settings
then properties (at the side of your useername)
now clik dialing tab
and there u will see the discconect at the bottom.
uncheck all disconnet boxes.
clik all ok's to shut down .

that shud stop u dissconecting.

hope thats what u wanted to know if not soz Smiley

N/A

Hi.

I have a PCI conexant modem, and have it running about five days non-stop, on average. It used to drop quite often until I updated the driver.

Hope this helps.

Phil

--
**Proposed site for witty or profound statement**