cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI starter pack Modem

N/A

PCI starter pack Modem

Hello, im waiting for my line to be activated & have read a few posts that criticize the PCI Modem supplied in the starter pack. Is it really as bad as a few people have said. Can anyone recommend a good Modem to use if i do have problems. Thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PCI starter pack Modem

Well, you may be alright... the modem you'll be getting is different to the one everyone complains about. On the other hand, I don't know much about the one you'll be getting, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

PCI starter pack Modem

Thanks Kuglin i took myself over to the ADSL org site & they did a review of 9 PCI Modem cards so i know where im going with that if i do get any probs Smiley
Community Veteran

PCI starter pack Modem

Well, FWIW, I bought myself a router for £70 from Argos because I was so fed up of my starter pack PCI modem problems. I love it! (I actually have a thread about it from a week or two ago in this board.)

Thomas
N/A

PCI starter pack Modem

Another Modem question for you Kuglin if i can pick your brains please. A friend of mine will be coming over to Plusnet soon & wondered if he can use his Alcatel speed touch modem that is supplied by BT. Thanks again.
N/A

PCI starter pack Modem

Yes, provided BT don't ask for it back when leaving the old supplier.

It is not possible to migrate from a BT install pacvkage at this time.
N/A

PCI starter pack Modem

Thanks acarr very helpfull bunch of guys here Smiley