cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI Modem and Windows XP

N/A

PCI Modem and Windows XP

Does anyone know if the PCI Modem (Dyanamode A220) supplied by PlusNet works under Windows XP?
It works fine under Windows ME, but the XP Upgrade Advisor says that the ADSL PCI WAN Adapter and ADSL PCI Modem might need new drivers, and that ADSL PCI (in Control Panel) is incompatible with Windows XP.
I have tried the obvious websites, without success.

Any help/info appreciated.

Alan.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: PCI Modem and Windows XP

Yes - always worked faultlessly for me on XP Home Edition - I'd just like to know how to get rid of the desktop icons that the install creates (permanently that is and not just until next re-boot).
GA
[snip]
Does anyone know if the PCI Modem (Dyanamode A220) supplied by PlusNet works under Windows XP?
[snip]

N/A

I have a Dynamode A220 PCI. It is a connexant chipset, so you need to use the connexant drivers.

They are here;

http://www.themad-house.co.uk/conexant/conexant-drivers.html

Hope that helps
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Yes - always worked faultlessly for me on XP Home Edition - I'd just like to know how to get rid of the desktop icons that the install creates (permanently that is and not just until next re-boot).
> GA
> [snip]
> Does anyone know if the PCI Modem (Dyanamode A220) supplied by PlusNet works under Windows XP?
> [snip]
>
> Both TweakUI and TweakAll have a facilitry to remove unwanted system desktop icons.

PL
>

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

I too am running XP home and have the Dynamode A220 pci modem installed , all works fine.
When windows detects the new hardware , make sure you cancel it and insert the supplied CD .
All the correct drivers for XP are on there.

I noticed that there arent any driver downloads on the Dynamode web site , but im sure someone will know where to find them and any updates that become avaible.
N/A

Thanks all for your input, looks like upgrading to XP should be OK.

Cheers.