cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P now blocked!

N/A

P2P now blocked!

Well that's it!

P2P is now unuseable. I can't download using P2P at all. Nothing. I left it on ALL of last night. Nothing. It's been on since midnight... Nothing.

What are PlusNet gonna do about it? You got it! Nothing!

What are they gonna get from me in return? Money - coz I'm bound by some crappy contract that I have to pay to get out of. But it'll be worth it! Greener grass lies just next door...

PIPEX, here I come!
16 REPLIES
N/A

P2P now blocked!

Mines been like it for a week,i cant download anything on P2P,

CAN SOMEBODY FROM PLUSNET GIVE A REASON PLEASEHuh
keithcalder
Grafter

P2P now blocked!

Plusnet haven't blocked p2p at all, what client are you using and what sites are you taking the trackers from? Most public sites are crap, you should sign up to a private tracker where you will get descent speeds, ie torrentleech.

I cant believe how some people automatically blame Plusnet without even checking. I use p2p every day and have no problems at all, I do however use this program all night when the networks have plenty spare bandwidth.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

Well, I can tell you why I blame Plusnet for P2P: because I have direct evidence that it is their network management to blame.

Last week, on Plusnet: P2P struggling to reach over 1 kbps.
Last night, on Newnet: P2P ticking over at 150 kbps. Same torrent.

That seems fairly incontrovertible.
GersFans
Grafter

P2P now blocked!

I cant believe how some people automatically blame Plusnet without even checking.

Considering the current state of affairs with Plusnets network its a damn good choice to blame them first, look at the hundreds of posts complaining about p2p speeds and tell us its NOT a Plusnet problem!
N/A

P2P now blocked!

Plusnet haven't blocked p2p at all, what client are you using and what sites are you taking the trackers from? Most public sites are <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a>, you should sign up to a private tracker where you will get descent speeds, ie torrentleech.

I cant believe how some people automatically blame Plusnet without even checking. I use p2p every day and have no problems at all, I do however use this program all night when the networks have plenty spare bandwidth.

I'm not using torrents at all. I use DC++ which is a direct connect client.

It is clear as day that PN are to blame. I just can't wait to leave!
N/A

P2P now blocked!

I am using P2P with no problems so its not Plus net. Instead of just complaining if you give details maybe we can help you which it what the forum is for.

If some are downloading ok then there must be a reason why others cant as we are all on the same network.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

mwright.....Not such a bright spark are you?

Would you use the same argument for the speed issues many are having now?
"Well my speeds are fine, it cant be Plusnet"....really..i've never heard such rubbish.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

well some people say its not plusnet but for a week i've not been able to download on P2P,but today it seems to be back to normal and i have done nothing to change that.I understand everybody has problems but if you cant do anything about it ,it can get frustrating.........
N/A

P2P now blocked!

if you cant do anything about it ,it can get frustrating.........

very,very true....and the frustration is endless with PN at the moment.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

I am using P2P with no problems so its not Plus net. Instead of just complaining if you give details maybe we can help you which it what the forum is for.

If some are downloading ok then there must be a reason why others cant as we are all on the same network.

Here are some details...

Using my current settings, I have downloaded several gigabytes.

Since my last billing date I have not been able to download through P2P.

Uploads work fine, though.

I have raised a ticket with PN.

They haven't fixed it.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

That tells us nothing what p2p are you using, do you have port open ok, depending on what p2p you are using is your id high or low.

Is it a large download with lots of sources or one with just a few sources?

People forget that most p2p you are downloading from another user so if you search and find say a film and decided to download it and there is only 5 sources then they may well be swamped so you will have to wait. If these users then turn off their pc's you wont get anything.

Their isp may also restrict there bandwidth.

To the ahoids if you have a road and I can do 100 mph along with a lot of other people down it but you only have a old car and cant get above 30 mph who is at fault is it the road owner (ie Plusnet) or is it your car?

The answer is the car. So If I and others can use p2p why cant you? If you explain your setup and what p2p your using instead of slagging off people who give up their free time to help others you may get somewhere.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

mwright, if you read over the thread, you will see that I am using DC++ as my P2P client, which multisources downloads with the same TTH.

All my ports are forwarded correctly and the only thing that has changed is my ability to download using P2P! There is NOTHING wrong my end!

You can use all the metaphors about cars and roads, but if PN are a road, then they are the B6531 - a crap one!
N/A

P2P now blocked!

UPDATE:

The ticket I filed regarding this issue has been resolved and I was able to d/l around 2.5 gig last night.
N/A

P2P now blocked!

Was it a Plusnet issue or your issue?