cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P lock ups

N/A

P2P lock ups

I pay 22.99 a month , one pound of this is for a domain. This account type allows p2p correct? The problem I'm having is when using kazaa-lite or emule after about 5 minutes my connection speed drops to zero and the programs lockup. I have updated modem drivers and motherboard , I use zonealarm but that is configured to give the programs access. This problem doesnt happen under any other circumstances , only when using p2p software. Any idea why this would be happening?

Norton antivirus shows system is clean also.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

P2P lock ups

if the p2p application has a setting for it, change the Maximum connections. Having too high a maximum = a locked up router/modem which is because its hardware can't handle the number of requests required.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

P2P lock ups

Thanks, Using emule how many connections would you recommend? I have it set to 150 and its still locking up every minute or so.
N/A

P2P lock ups

Thanks, Using emule how many connections would you recommend? I have it set to 150 and its still locking up every minute or so.

Which modem/router are u using?

Start, say, from 10 connections and increase by 10 each 15mins of usage until things become unstable.
N/A

P2P lock ups

The recommended for emule/edonkey/overnet etc is 45 connections otherwise your bandwidth will die. Also make sure that you have the ports it is using open in your firewall.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

P2P lock ups

its the Maximum Connections in the Connections setting, but not Maximum connections per 5 seconds in the Advanced settings. If you have been tweaking the advanced settings, then re-run the setup wizard as you have borked it.

Max hard limit I use is 300 and leave the advanced settings to the default set by the wizard as they have always worked.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

P2P lock ups

Thanks for the help, seems to be working ok...For the moment. Cheers
N/A

P2P lock ups

The problem was zone alarm, the new update kills emule if you use it with version 42g. Reinstalled older version of zone alarm and everything is fine, no crashes at all.