Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Usage and 4mbit, Info Needed

Gibble
Grafter

Hey

i just got a couple of quick questions;

I chat alot on IRC through a online radio station im apart of, is IRC apart of my P2P usage?

Where can i view my usage for just my P2P?

im on the 4mb and have been for a while, do i apply to get refunded once upgraded or now?

Thanks
11 REPLIES
N/A

For a start if your IRC usage even registers strongly on usuage I would be very supprised unless you are on some big wharez channel with bots spamming 30 ads at your per second to be honest with you, IRC is just plain lumps of text which uses little bandwidth
N/A

IRC isnt P2P at all, so no it wont be under ur P2P allowance
Gibble
Grafter

Thansk for the IRC info, im wondering if anyone could answer my other two questions on the refund and viewing P2P usage
N/A

There isn't a "P2P Allowance". If your TOTAL usage for EVERYTHING between 8am and 12pm exceeds your peek time clean allowance then you get throttled. As such there is no way of checking P2P usage only and no point either.
Community Veteran

Thats incorrect sptodd!

P2P - NNTP - FTP are the traffic types that count regarding your "clean to" allowance during peak. Not all traffic.
Community Veteran

SUP includes types of traffic and has a peak time of 4pm and midnight. Details here

There is also a traffic allowance for P2P/Usenet/FTP which has a different peak time of 8am to midnight. Details here.

All traffic counted in the 2nd is also counted in the first.
N/A

Thats incorrect sptodd!

P2P - NNTP - FTP are the traffic types that count regarding your "clean to" allowance during peak. Not all traffic.

Well, there's theory and there's practice. Put it this way, rack up 20GB of anything between 8am-12pm and see what emails you get.
Community Veteran

tbh sptodd I rarely get to 10GB peak time usage a month let alone 20GB, so I doubt I will be able to see if the theory is correct or not.
I assume from your response that you have first hand experiance of it though! Sad

I don't like that at all - give what is promised I say!
N/A

The whole problem with the management system as I see it is that PN have rushed it in without adequate warning and without the required software to support it's implementation. I got hit with it last month before I even knew it existed. Rather than back off and wait until the system is properly ready to go PN chose to force it through anyway.

As I wasn't locked in I've chosen to jump ship (finding out I could have maxDSL now and an uncapped account was an extra bonus). It may be another risk, but I'm not prepared to put up with a company who thinks that moving the goal posts without warning is just fine and dandy.
N/A

Who did you jump ship to?

As I wasn't locked in I've chosen to jump ship (finding out I could have maxDSL now and an uncapped account was an extra bonus). It may be another risk, but I'm not prepared to put up with a company who thinks that moving the goal posts without warning is just fine and dandy.
N/A

Who did you jump ship to?

As I'm based in London you'd have thought I could have my choice of LLU suppliers. As it happens Bulldog etc don't cover my exchange so it was down to another BTw customer ISP or HomeChoice. HC offered me enough video chanels to be able to ditch my NTL cable box, free off peak phone calls and an unlimited 8M BB line for £50/month (including line rental). I was paying BT £11 for the line, NTL £30 for cable and PN £22 for 2Mbit capped. Do the math.