cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2P Again

N/A

P2P Again

I use my pc from 10 pm to 1 am and download very little but do use P2P. I have never gone over my limit on BB Plus of 30gig. My current total download for the month is only 13 gig so I am well within the limits.

For the last 2 months P2P hasnt worked before 12 pm I may get 5k download if I am very lucky after midnight it jumps up by magic to 56k (still not a lot). I have raised tickets but just get gobblde guck back about network shaping>

As I pay for 30 gig a month and never go over my limits and only use it for 3 hours a day its not unreasonable to expect full speed download on P2P. So why dont we get it?

Since I have never gone over my limit there should be no managment on my account. Its clear from my usage chart that this is taking place over the last 2 months as I normaly download 25 gigish a month and suddenly its dropped like a stone
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

P2P Again

BB+ does not have a 30GBlimit, it's actually 5GB. Do you really mean BB premier?

If so, SUP has an allowance of 30GB during peak time (4pm -> midnight) which covers all protocols. There is a separate P2P/Usenet/FTP traffic limit of 20GB during peak time (8am -> midnight).

That said, others have also seen very low P2P speeds, even when they are under their 20GB allowance so I'm not surprised you are seeing it too.

P2P speeds can be affected by the number of seeders & peers.

If you really are on BB+ then P2P is crippled all day and even more so when you go over the 5GB of all traffic limit. But you should get a warning email if this happens.
N/A

P2P Again

I did mean BB premier. The point is it all magicly works after 12 pm. Its like magic 11:48 5k 12:05 60k.

It can only be traffic shaping doing it
firmager
Grafter

P2P Again

I did mean BB premier. The point is it all magicly works after 12 pm. Its like magic 11:48 5k 12:05 60k.

It can only be traffic shaping doing it

Yea I had this problem, and it IS traffic management doing it.!However after midnight it only ever went up to 15k, but I've upgraded to premier and it's much better anyway Tongue

I got them to investigate the lack of speed even though usage had been reset and eventually I got a reply telling me it's cos I was on BB+ and therefore my P2P speeds would be permanently throttled!!!! So i upgraded to premier and it's fine now, but I think this is grossly unfair!!
N/A

P2P Again

I raised a ticket and got this as a reply

The reason for this is due to the package being designed for around 5Gb data transfer, if you go over this you speed will
gradually decrease.

I pay for 30 gig a month so why is it now cut down to 5 gig?
Community Veteran

P2P Again

They obviously did not check what package you were on or you made the same mistake in your ticket as you made in your original post and the CS assumed you were on BB+.

Reply stating what package you are on and ask for the question to be answered again.