cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P.A.Y.G Broadband

keithcalder
Grafter

P.A.Y.G Broadband

I see over at Ispreview, there are a few Isp's who are starting a pay and go broadband with stupid 1GB caps and then a £20 a GB after that. I dont really see the point in that, after all a Gb of data a month cap is quite extreme. Anyone heard if +net is going to do this too?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

P.A.Y.G Broadband

See Pay as you go broadband thread in the ideas and suggestions forum.

Hint: always worth doing a search for answers, often your question has been asked and answered before. Wink
N/A

P.A.Y.G Broadband

i think the idea of pay as you go sucks.

I prefer 24/7 and pay a fixed monthly fee
N/A

P.A.Y.G Broadband

Don't hold back now, Thunderbolt, say what you think.
N/A

P.A.Y.G Broadband

Yeah pay as u go does suck big style.
csogilvie
Grafter

P.A.Y.G Broadband

Well... arguments such as "it sucks" usually work better when you justify it a bit. I would think for some people Pay as you Go BroadBand would be a good idea, particularly if they want the fast speeds but only for x hours a week just for email etc.
michaelscott
Grafter

P.A.Y.G Broadband

I think the 1Gb montly limit is far too tight, especially when you consider that PlusNet offer unmetered services for the same price (and less)
N/A

P.A.Y.G Broadband

PlusNet offer unmetered services)

I think you may find somewhere deep in the AUP that Plusnet do 'Keep an eye' your usage and If your usage severely affected their ability to offer a service to others you would almost certainly find a warning e-mail in your inbox. There isn't an ISP on the planet who can offer completely unlimited bandwidth/downloads.

These are just my thoughts on the matter of cause I could be completely wrong,

Torret
csogilvie
Grafter

P.A.Y.G Broadband

As far as I know, the only usage restrictions are on the Webspace (www.username.plus.com) and the Home Surf Account (no P2P etc.)