cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the limit

N/A

Over the limit

I have received 10 emails (yes, ten) from support to advise me that my usage is over the limit.

8 of those emails are from the same date and time (18 April, 10h27), the other two are from 12h27 and 14h19.

4 emails tell me that I am over 7G, 3 emails tell me that I am over 5G, 2 emails tell me that I am over 6G, and one email tells me that I am over 4G.

Please clarify.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Over the limit

just out of curiousity, how much you using?
N/A

Over the limit

Interesting question.

Email (normal size), web surfing (a lot), the occasional P2P download (perhaps 50M in total), and until 2 months ago, a couple hours a day of webcam via MSN messenger. This pattern has been consistant ever since I joined PN. There is also a 700MB download currently in the offing.

In early April, I was away for 10 days, so the comp was off.

But then, it all adds up, as they say, or does it?
LiamM
Grafter

Over the limit

What account do you have?

If it's Premier, then the FUP hasn't started yet and as such you cannot go over any 'limit'.

If it's PAYG, then I thought your Connection was stopped when you reached your Pre-Paid Limit, with an option to pay extra per Gb after that.
N/A

Over the limit

Home Lite 2Mb (Annual Contract, No Modem) with included 4GB.

Let's see what Support says.

Thanks for your help.
Community Veteran

Over the limit

If it's PAYG, then I thought your Connection was stopped when you reached your Pre-Paid Limit, with an option to pay extra per Gb after that.

PAYG accounts don't just stop. Whenever you exceed your allowance, you just pay extra for each additional GB or part thereof used.

You can put an upper spending limit for the account via the data transfer watch setting under connection settings on the left.

@deflorence, the fact you got so many emails suggests something is amiss.