cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 3 weeks after LLU 'upgrade' and no change in speed...

N/A

AGGGGGGGGGH.

I have tried to post this as a comment after going through the 'broadband fault checker' on the PlusNet support page but everytime I submit it I get an error. I'll try here.

I was 'upgraded' to the Tiscali platform on 18th April, which resulted in no service until the 21st and a technical support team who could offer no phone advice as to what had happened or why.

Since then, the connection speed has remained constant at 2meg, although my upload speed seems to have increased (it is noticeabley faster). The connection dropped a few times after service was restored, but I put that down to the equipment 'testing' my connection. The connection seems totally solid again now, but of course is only 2meg and not the 'up to 8 meg' I was promised.

I have a PCI ADSL modem supplied by PlusNet which syncs at anything between 7.3 and 8.0meg. Their e-mail regarding the broadband upgrade assured me that I would not need to change any existing hardware, so I assume it is not a problem at my end but rather theirs (or more likely Tiscali's).

I have been unable to conduct the BT Speed Test whilst disconnected from PlusNet - is this because it is unavailable to customers on LLU equipment? I have used the PN speed checker, as well as the BT checker (through my PN connection) and the ADSL Guide checker and all report a similar speed of approximately 2meg down and 448k up.
3 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

You are unable to connect to the BT facility any longer because you are on Tiscali's equipment. Allegedly there is a sophisticated Tiscali test facility available to Plusnet to enable them to diagnose problems on your connection
Community Veteran

It looks like PN and/or Tiscali has not updated your profile to support the higher speeds. This should normally happen after the 10 day trial (this happens on LLU as well) when Tiscali tell PN what speed they recommend for the line.

You need to raise a ticket and get your profile checked.
N/A

It looks like PN and/or Tiscali has not updated your profile to support the higher speeds. This should normally happen after the 10 day trial (this happens on LLU as well) when Tiscali tell PN what speed they recommend for the line.

You need to raise a ticket and get your profile checked.

Thanks for that. I raised a ticket about 24 hours ago and am (still) awaiting a response.

Pleased I don't have to fork out for a router to replace my archaic PCI modem! Cheesy