cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our data rate is high but we only get 2mb download speed

esseff
Grafter

We've just recently signed with plus net (activated yesterday in fact) having been cut off last month with the recent Euro1net fiasco. Previously we were getting speeds of 2mb download and 223k upload. According to my router, we're showing a data rate of 7616 down and 448 up, and indeed the upload speed on testing is around this figure. However, the download speed still remains at 2mb. If my data rate shows 7616 shouldn't I be experiencing something much faster? Is this something that will increase over the next few days? Is there something I should be doing to help it do so? Any advice would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

As you have a new activation the max process will have a settling in period of about 10 days before optimising your connection.

Further info can be found here

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions, dont hesitate to post back.
esseff
Grafter

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

As you have a new activation, the max process will have a settling in period of about 10 days before optimising your connection.

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions, dont hesitate to post back.

Thanks for the welcome.

Since my line was activated I've had pretty much a constant 1930kbps download speed. Ran the BT speedtest which confirmed this too. During this 'settling in' period you mention, wouldn't I expect to see a variation in speed, and therefore notice it going higher at times? Or, should I expect not to notice anything until this optimisation process has been completed?