cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origo ASR-8400 modem/router

N/A

Hi, just too let you know that the latest firmware contains a built in firewall. Download it from here http://adsltech.com/FMupdate.htm At £39.95 from www.scan.co.uk I think that it is now good value for money and I've found it dead simple to setup. The only drawback is that it only support a maximum of 20 ports for forwarding but that is being worked on. Watch this space....
Chris C
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

SPI & UPNP as well soon that like that option, but for a upgrade price and only on specific routers with 4mb of flash ram
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Hi, you are correct that it may be only for the 4 mb versions, however in the forums they are saying that there will be no charge for some, who that means I don't know,
I quote "The UPNP firmware for some will be free. So do not worry guys. And I think we will release it after 2 or 3 weeks. But you will need 4MB Flash so it may not work on all of our routers as some of our routers have 2MB Flash and some 4MB Flash. But for the 2MB Flash you can use http://adsltech.com/FMupdate.htmour new firmware with firewall but no UPNP."
Cheers,
Chris
Community Veteran

quick warning about this firmware, seems that on the 2mb flash ram routers are having problems with it, so don't use it unless you are sure yours is the 4mb version.

one way to tell 4Mb or 2Mb version, directly from the FLASH chip info

29LV32... -> 4Mb
29LV16... -> 2Mb

Just prised the top off my asr-8400 it seems i have the 29lv32 chip inside on the front left

NB opening the router invalidates your warranty, not good if you bought it from Ebuyer, so beware :!:
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Hi, yes you are correct adp450, I would only use this firmware update if you are really sure the one you have is a 4mb version. There is a way to perform a factory 'hard reset' if the flash has gone wrong on a 2mb version but this invalidates the warranty as well.
Chris C
Community Veteran

Further update about its newer firmware, if trying to check for packetloss, simply you cant atm as its blocking ping traces via Tracert and 3rd party Utilities - tested with Visualroute and WINmrt. But you can use Ping from Dos but thats it.

Firmware Version: CX82xxx_4.1.0.9
Customer Software Version: 4.1.0.9.F-3.2.1_021804-Beast