cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Ports?

N/A

Open Ports?

Hi,

I like to play Age of Conquerors at GamePark.eu. I have a major problem in that my ping is too high when I open the Client (gaming room lobby) and other players will not let me into their games because of this. An example is that my ping should be around 1 to 150, mine is 3500 + sometimes. When I first joined GamePark in July 2006 my ping was 47

The GamePark site works well and I generally do not have a problem surfing the net albeit downloads can be very slow, no-doubt due to Plus Nets problems, but this does not bother me. When I am actually in a game, playing others on the internet, my ping is always good 125 and normally one of the best in the game.

So the lousy ping is restricted to when I open the GamePark client to join the gaming room lobby. This seems to have started about 3 to 4 months (?) ago and has been steadily getting worse.

Their Tech guys has been trying to help me and we have done all the usual stuff like, Trojans, viruses and old programmes that might be interfering with my Computer set up. They are all clean. I have even updated my Norton Internet Security and ensued that Gamepark is allowed full access. My computer is running well and I have not experienced this problem before. My CPU is 2.7 Gb and I have plenty of memory etc. etc… I use Windows XP Home and all my drivers are up to date etc etc…..

They have asked me to check if Plus net has restricted any Ports. So are there any ports that are restriced that would affect my use of the GP Client?

And, how do I check that these ports are actually open for GP Client traffic?

2300-2400 TCP/UDP
6667 TCP
80 TCP
443 TCP
9999 TCP
28800-29100 TCP
47624 TCP/UDP

Any help would be very much appreciated.
6 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

Open Ports?

Probably have to raise a ticket with this info included.
N/A

Open Ports?

thanks jcaddick ( vortimer?) but lets see if we get an answer from one of the Mods first Smiley Wink
Zathras
Grafter

Open Ports?

:lol:
N/A

Open Ports?

No answer yet from PN, but looking at the other post I am beinging to realise why.

It really is a simply enough question and I would have thought A PN rep could have answered this in no time at all and cleared the issue for me.

So much for an honest and transparaent policy, is Tony Blair a Non Exect director of Plus Net by any chance?
N/A

Open Ports?

It must be 4 years ago when I joined Plus Net. Those days I could get an instant responce to my questions. I asked the same question to one of your competitors. EMail time out was 9:15 this morning, the following reply was 9:38 this morning. Just like the OLD plus net!

"Plusnet do have some traffic shaping equipment on their network, so the
problems you're seeing would appear to relate to that giving the ports and
"fingerprint" of the packets you send a lower priority over everything else.

We have fixed limits on our packages so don't need to use such techniques to
reduce usage, so you shouldn't experience the same issues on our network."

I was not looking to change I just wanted someone to clear this issue for me so that I could rule it out or rule it in.

Or, perhaps say we cannot anwser raise a ticket whatever that is Sad
N/A

Open Ports?

No reply yet 4 days and counting Smiley