cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only on 1Mb but should get 2Mb

N/A

I've just switched from Nildram (on 512) to PlusNet. This includes a regrade to 2mb.

I live 500yds from my exchange and yet I'm only connecting at 1mb.

So I checked the stats on my DG834 and they are as follows:

Speed down/up = 1152/288
Line Att. down/up = 36/10
Noise down/up = 31/31

I know the attenuation limit for 2mb ADSL is 43db and I'm well below that at only 37.... so why am I not getting 2mb ?

Is there anything I can do about it ?

Cry
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Welcome to the boards.

Raise a ticket quoting your stats and ask Plus net to check why BT have provisioned you at 1mb. Your figures look fine for 2mb.
N/A

Thanks

Ticket raised.

I'll report back with the outcome.

Cheesy
N/A

the same thing happened to me, I live even closer to the exchange with only 10 db line loss, I managed to get my line changed to 2 MB now, but speed tests still only give 1 MB result. The connection speed of the modem went from 1.1 to 2.2 . Is there something that PN has to do at their end to to increase the available download speed?
craigbrass
Grafter

Yes, you need to give PlusNet a call and ask them to remove the throttling on your account. You then should reboot your router or disconnect and reconnect your modem and you should be fine and get 2mb speeds.
N/A

Update

5 days after raising the ticket, nothing of any substance from PlusNet.

Shortly after raising the ticket I recieved an acknowlegment saying my query had been escalated. The only other information was the statement "Can we advise the customer please"

I've heard nothing since.

I presume what should be happening is PlusNet/BT will perform tests on my line but so far I've heard nothing.

How long do these things usually take ?
N/A

If you want an answer its best to phone them as I found tickets just seem to wait for sometime. But as its about a line speed you need to ring between 9 and 5 otherwise the guys that deal with this may not be in!
Community Veteran

Possibly PlusNet awaiting a reply from BT but if you want to check then give support a call on the number shown at the foot of the page.
N/A

my problem was sorted within about 30 mins of contacting customer services via an e-ticket
N/A

It all depends on the nature of the problem and which department it goes to....if it goes to provisioning it tends to take somewhat longer :?
N/A

Hi,

I have premier account, my exchange was upgraded and my speed has increased from 512K to 1Mb Cheesy

I have similar line stats, and BT also rates my line at 1Mb, so raised a ticket with the stats attatched asking if PlusNet could check with BT why I am provisioned at 1Mb.

I got a response from CS asking me to pay £14.99 to upgrade Cry

.... I'm curious to know what everyone elses response and outcome was?

i.e. Did you have to pay the £14.00 to get up to 2Mb?

Thanks

Craig.