cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only access to PlusNet??

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Only access to PlusNet??

What could cause all sites except PlusNet (my home page) to come up as 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page'
Even old favourites like Google won't come up, yet my new modem (210) flashes away for PlusNet and Outlook Express (getting email too) but the USB light hardly flashes at all for the others and gives up after the first couple of flickers?
5 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Only access to PlusNet??

Assuming you're using the Windows operating system-

Click on the "Start" menu

Click "Run"

Type "cmd"

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" in the command interface that appears

Then type "nslookup www.bbc.co.uk"; and add the answer to this thread
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Only access to PlusNet??

server: voyager.home
address: 192.... am I not supposed to show this do I remember? I can if you need it.

NON-AUTHORITIVE ANSWER

names: www.bbc.co.uk
address: 212.58.251.202
aliases: www.bbc.co.uk

BUT when I went to type this in for you I couldn't load PlusNet either?

I switched off the PC & my new PlusNet supplied router, waited, turned everything back on, and now it's fine :x

Should I just go back to my nice old reliable 105?
Community Veteran

Only access to PlusNet??

What you have experienced is not uncommon and could have been caused by your router, your software firewall, your A/V software or a key background service that crashed. Often a reboot of everything clears the problem.

The 210 is a much better router than the 105 so stick with it.

Also are you using the USB or Ethernet to connect it to your PC. If USB I would recommend changing it to the Ethernet cable as that is far more reliable.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Only access to PlusNet??

Also are you using the USB or Ethernet to connect it to your PC. If USB I would recommend changing it to the Ethernet cable as that is far more reliable.

Thanksfor that Peter.

I'm using the USB - but only because my 'high spec (at the time) Dell' doesn't seem to have one :roll:
Community Veteran

Only access to PlusNet??

Just get a £5 PCI network card and uninstall the USB drivers. It will make your PC a lot happier.