cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 500Kbps!

evansbb

Only 500Kbps!

Hello,

This morning i got migrated to plus net from bt (where i had 2Mb) i now only have 500Kbps!!! And should have 8! Is this part of the 10 day speed test thing (alough i didnt think it would go as low as 500Kbps.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Only 500Kbps!

yeh, just wait up to 10 days, max can be funny within the first 10. If you have a line problem like me youll still have that speed after the first 10, (i had 1meg, dropped to 500kbps, i did some line rewiring went up to 1.5meg.. still slow) so just wait
N/A

Only 500Kbps!

Getting ready for MaxDSL... http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/upto8Mb.shtml

Advanced guide to MaxDSL... http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/network/dslmax_guide.shtml

Certainly, give it the 10 days - although you may well see good high speeds in a very short space of time.

Bear in mind that even if your synch speed is 8.1Mbps, your maximum data rate will be 7.1Mbps at best - and in reality your connection is shared/contended at both the BT exchange, and again within PlusNet's network, so you'll probably never see 7.1Mbps ever.

My line sync' at 8.1 Mbps, and the fastest speed test I've ever managed was 4.6Mbps - but that's still great.

At busy peak times, my data rate can drop to around 1Mbps (when the system isn't completely stuffed up - as it has recently been for some people).
Zathras
Grafter

Re: Only 500Kbps!

Hello,

This morning i got migrated to plus net from bt

Welcome back to BT Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Only 500Kbps!

That's strange, it's showing that you were on a 512kbps service. I've corrected that for you, can you disconnect and reconnect, it should now be back to 2Mbps.
N/A

Only 500Kbps!

That's strange, it's showing that you were on a 512kbps service. I've corrected that for you, can you disconnect and reconnect, it should now be back to 2Mbps.

I should be on a 2mbps service too. Can you correct mine for me or at least give me a price reduction for all the days I've been sat at 500kbps? :x