cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online gaming.

N/A

Online gaming.

Is anybody else trying to play UT on the Orange servers ?

I am having real probs with ping times and it appears that 2 BT routers in Birmingham are the culprits.

Having asked Plusnet's useless customer support for some help.....all I get is the usual fob off that "it's not part of our network so we can't do anything".

They should concentrate on the customer support part of their work and not trying to ge the call resolved before their deadline is reached.

NO effort was made to try and help find out why BT were having probs or even whether BT knew they were having probs.

And b4 u ask....I tried to raise a call with BT, but network issues are to be raised with your ISP and they should contact BT.......but Plusnet just couldn't be bothered.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Online gaming.

you did a ping trace obviously so use the tech emails from the offending Hosts of the routers and mail them the traces. Usually they wont reply but lets them know. But its a weekend so its going ot be busy no matter what. so expect higher pings and problems of this nature
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Online gaming.

Be realistic, PlusNet cannot do anything to resolve problems outside their network.
Generic problems "out there" on the net are a fact of life.
Community Veteran

Re: Online gaming.

And b4 u ask....I tried to raise a call with BT, but network issues are to be raised with your ISP and they should contact BT.......but Plusnet just couldn't be bothered.

That is network issues between PlusNet and the BT network they connect into, not problems within the BT network which PlusNet have no responsibility in supporting.

If PlusNet were having porblems routing their customers onto BT's network then yes, it's up to PlusNet to contact BT and get it resolved. In your case it's a BT problem but BT don't normally want to get involved with customer complains of this nature.
N/A

Online gaming.

Be realistic, PlusNet cannot do anything to resolve problems outside their network.
Generic problems "out there" on the net are a fact of life.

There is nothing unrealistic about expecting Plusnet to try and find out if BT are aware of problems. If I was trying to contact Outer Mongilia then that would be a different thing.

Plusnet do choose to route over BT down through Birmingham......one gaming server in Germany is routed to via the BBC network and is a perfect connection.

Whilsts the problem is in this country Plusnet could do a whole lot more to try and help thier customers......in fact they could try and do something.....anything....but NOT fob them off with a lazy opt out.
N/A

Online gaming.

You havnt' presented any traceroutes here. It would be nice to see some.

It would all depend where in the trace BT are, if or not PlusNet should get involved.

I would rather see BT own up to there problems directly, that have to request my ISp to do it