cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Gaming

N/A

Online Gaming

Hi, I have just signed up to the Plusnet 512k broadband plus service. I do occasionally play Half Life Counterstrike. I was wondering if anyone else has experience of playing games like this an wether the Broadband Plus account is suitable for this? or should I have ideally gone for the Premier package?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Online Gaming

Well if your just gaming then you wont use much of your allowance. Everytime you open a web site you will download a graphic...the more you surf the net, the more usage you will use. So as for playin CS or other online games, providing you aint downloading maps and files all the time, you should be fine. Just keep an eye on 'View my usage' under 'My Account' for a few months and see what you are using.
N/A

Online Gaming

Cool..As far as latency is concerned though is the Plusnet network pretty good in terms of latency?
N/A

Online Gaming

hiya

I play CS:S all the time
never had any probs and usually one of the
best pings in the server

Rob Cool
vic_newey
Grafter

Online Gaming

also remember that shortly the download only will count, not sure how this would affect gaming ,
presumably you would be downloading & uploading at the same time when online gaming as info is being sent & received at the same time Tongue Tongue
N/A

Online Gaming

Hopefully on the PLUS package gaming will be fine as I have been using Zen for nearly 2 years and everything has been Jake. I have only moved to Plusnet as I needed to shave some outgoings and saving 10 quid a month was too tempting to pass up. On PLUS though there is no download limit is there?
vic_newey
Grafter

Online Gaming

There will be shortly with the fair usage policy but it will be megamegs ( a new description ? Tongue & certainly will not affect gaming or average downloading & will only affect bigtime leachers
Even tho I am nearly 60 I play Desert Combat most nights & never get any problems & my ping is always amongst the lowest even on some Euro servers
N/A

Online Gaming

There will be shortly with the fair usage policy but it will be megamegs ( a new description ? Tongue & certainly will not affect gaming or average downloading & will only affect bigtime leachers
Even tho I am nearly 60 I play Desert Combat most nights & never get any problems & my ping is always amongst the lowest even on some Euro servers

That is reassurring as I need to save the money but I don't want to hamstring my only enjoyment at the moment.. Wink