cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Modem Works .Another Two Do Not Query .

N/A

I had,until about three weeks ago,been using an Alcatel USB modem but got a BT Voyager 100 from Ebay and it worked well until last week when my connection died .Thinking it was another of PN's problems I left it but later tried again on both my PC and my Laptop to no avail .I then reverted to using the Alcatel Speedtouch .The supplier of the Voyager sent me another one ( unused) and it doesn't connect either so I am still using the Alcatel .I have been using the latest drivers for the Voyager .
Other than using it on another computer is there any way of testing it(them) .It seems odd that it should suddenly die and then the replacement doesn't work either .
2 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

What else happened about the same time.
Did you get LLU'd?, Maxed?
It shouldn't make any difference but..
N/A

I got MaxDSL'd a few weeks earlier when using my modem and router setup but I had problems connecting with that setup so reverted to using my USB Modem ( The Alcatel one) and that had been working ok as did the BT Voyager one until it stopped working . I had terrible download speeds before this and had raised a ticket for that but it seems to have sorted itself ( well to a reasonable rate ) . I am not aware of anyhting that happened at exactly the same time as the Voyager stopped working .