cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnSpeed

N/A

OnSpeed

Anyone heard of or use onspeed (www.onspeed.com). I have read reviews that it will speed up your b/band downloads/pages etc. Or is it complete BS?
4 REPLIES
N/A

OnSpeed

I would tend to err on the later. BB speeds over dial up is impossible.
N/A

OnSpeed

Seems to act as a sort of proxy server, caching and compressing information as it goes through. I have no idea if that works, but that's the basic principle of the thing.
michaelscott
Grafter

OnSpeed

But as most things are compressed anyway, would it really work? It won't speed up the loading of GIFs, Zips, JPEGs, MP3s or even a lot of EXEs.
Community Veteran

OnSpeed

That software / proxy has issues with displaying certain sites i.e. it is not 100% reliable. Someone reported trying this on another message board but the results that others had using it were very mixed to bad. Some had problems with password protected sites, others had no difference when downloading already compressed files. This also means you will be viewing compressed images which may not be to your liking.

It does have a 14 day trial but you have to pay £25 upfront then ask for a refund if you don't keep it.

It really depends what you vuiew or download from the internet on whether this will save you money or not in connection charges.