cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Max DSL but not notified?

N/A

Bit of a wierd one, my connection has been all over the place recently so I just thought I'd log into my router and see if there was anything to see in the logs. What do I see there? It seems that my connections been upgraded to Max.

Speed tests confirm that the upload speed has doubled but my download speed is worse than what it was to start with.

Is there anyway I can find out when I was actually upgraded wihout raising a ticket? Have had a look in contact us but there isnt anything to see there.

Cheers

Matt
10 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

Is possible you have been notified but e.mails are still going astray it seems
N/A

There are some other threads floating about from folks that have been 'upgraded' but not told.
Might be tempted to raise the ticket - it'll give 'em something to do!

The other issue could be that the mail telling you about it has got held up in the mail backlog that they've been battling with for the last few days.
Can you remember the last time you noticed that it hadn't been upgraded?
phatty
Grafter

Re: On Max DSL but not notified?

Speed tests confirm that the upload speed has doubled but my download speed is worse than what it was to start with.

I have had exactly the same experience, my connection started doing strange things while playing BF2.

No emails from plusnet but my router is syncing at 8128 down and 488 up, P2P upload speeds are great but downloads seem to have got worse.

Not that bothered at the moment as we all know about the 10 day stabilization period, but it would be nice to know exactly when MaxADSL was switched on.

As for the email problems, I have been getting emails without trouble for the last few days after initial problems. But you would think that PN would be able to get email to PN customers on PN servers?

Wayne
N/A

Can you remember the last time you noticed that it hadn't been upgraded?

I think the last time was a couple of weeks ago when I was in the router to set up some new nat rules. Everything looked fine then,download speed is still less than what I was on @ 2mb which is pretty dissapointing, will wait and see how it shapes up before kicking up a fuss I think.
N/A

Same here I noticed about 4-5 days ago my speeds increased but I was never notified.

:shock:
N/A

Same thing happend to me too. Connection has be unreliable for last couple of days but speed tests showed no change. Switched PC on 15 minutes ago and web pages load up twice as fast. So I checked sync speed on router and it says 2880 / 448, I was around 1000 / 256 before. I double checked my emais just now and there's definitely no relevant emails from PlusNet.

In case any one's interested, I submitted a que jump ticket on 21st of Apr at 16:26 and my billing date is the 4th.

My adslguide.org speed test results can be viewed http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=114719692264731832665

EDIT: I've just tested my online gaming performance and my ping had doubled from 40-60 before maxdsl to 80-100 with maxdsl. So I reset my router for the first time since my upgrade and tested again. Now my pings are back to normal.
N/A

Hi,

I wasn't notified either. Just got my Father onto PN PAYG but PN/BT have got problems. The 0845 number was reporting a call wait time of 40 mins. Still couldn't get the connection going, anyway that's another thread Cry

I had an old speedtouch 510 router with the 3.7 firmware and it repotted that I has 448 up and 6368 down. I have just changed it for my Cisco 837 and it's reporting 448 up and 7520 down!. So clearly routers do make a difference in the connection speeds as well.

As I do not know (like many of you) when my line was updated I don't know where I am on the 10 day testing phase after Max has been activated. I guess that all I can do is periodically unplug my line from th router, wait a few secs and then reconnect it to kick the line retrain cycle again.

Nice to be upgraded but, I do like to know what's going on. :?

Jonathon

PS: Forgot to say that I asked to jump the Q, and although my router reports a faster connection 7520 my download speed is stuck as well at 1966.1 (245 Kbps) it should be around 3.5x that figure ...

PPS: Just done another PN speed test, it's now reporting 4074.9 kbps (3.98 Mbps) ! blimey that's a bit more like it Cheesy
sinewave
Grafter

Just to add my name on the list: same here, no email notification of maxdsl upgrade. My router was syncing around 8Mb/s since may 3rd (1 week today). I am having constant disconnects which do not seem to be due to the router struggling with SNR etc but rather the "system" training. Or something. I really have no idea what is going on. My download speed has been stuck at 2Mb/s (my previous connection speed) as shown here...
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

All I know is...
1) I now have a less reliable connection than I had before
2) I received no warning that service quality would be reduced

I have trawled all forums like PN, ADSLguide, PnUG etc to see if I can find info on what the best thing I can do to improve matters or if I can speed the process of "training" up but I have found nothing. I've asked too but had nothing but intuitive guesses.

Seems to me know one knows what the h*ll is going on including PN or BT.

Its a disgrace
what were the trials for?
I asked to jump the queue - now wish I hadn't as I just feel like a guinea-pig!
Community Veteran

And to answer this same Q again....

The system that sends out the emails has not been working correctly for a few weeks now so upgrades are occuring without the corresponding emails to notify you.
sinewave
Grafter

And to answer this same Q again....

The system that sends out the emails has not been working correctly for a few weeks now so upgrades are occuring without the corresponding emails to notify you.

Oh, well, thats alright then. (he says sarcastically)

Perhaps PN should consider opening a Hotmail account.

There's something about your tone in that response Peter that I feel wasn't quite warranted. Had a bad day?