cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number activiated, not number entered on application

N/A

Old number activiated, not number entered on application

I've just been informed that my old BT number has been activated,for ADSL, and NOT the number I entered in the on-line application. Now they want to charge me for re-activation on the correct number (and I suppose the rest of the year contract on my old number !)

I expected this ADSL thing to be a nightmare, but I'm not even out of the starting blocks !
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Old number activiated, not number entered on application

Hi,

I believe I spoke to one of my collegues regarding your problem earlier. When you upgraded your account to ADSL you were asked to enter the telephone number
in which ADSL was to be installed on. You duely did this and this was the number we ordered ADSL for.

We can only go by the information you have given us, and therefore we provisioned for ADSL using the information you gave us. If this information was incorrect we can't be held responsible.

In order to have ADSL activated on the correct number, BT will need to cease at the current location and re-provide at the new location. This is the reason for the activation fee.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
N/A

I was extremely careful the number entered was the new number to be activated. I have been through all the emails, etc from plusnet, and none of them have the number listed anywhere so unfortunately I cannot prove this (I distinctly remember being very very careful). I believe plusnet assumed my old contact number was the number to be used and didn't check the number I entered.

I will NOT be paying another activation fee due to plusnet's error, and have no option to insist they arrange for it to be transferred at their cost.

Plusnet should also have included the number to ADSL activated in the numerous emails I received, otherwise there is no option to verify/stop the process in a case such as this.

Should this not be rectified, I will be investigating my legal rights, and contact my solicitor and the regulatory bodies for advice.
N/A

Good Afternoon,

We still have records of the temporary account that was created whilst ADSL was provisioned,this has against it the number that you wish ADSL to be installed at. This is the only number on this account and there is no record of any additional CLI numbers being added, therefore you must have entered this number during the upgrade process.

I am afraid that there is very little we can do once the line has been activated and the only solution is to cease and re-provide ADSL.

Kind Regards,
Russell.
--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support .......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----

N/A

How could I have a 'temporary account' if I have been with plusnet for approx 3 years already ?

I have just spoken to Keith who was very helpful (as was Mathew Sauders earlier), and he agreed to refer back to customer service as he understood the issues, etc. As I said before, I was extremely careful I entered the correct numbers.

It seems your systems do not capture the 'number to be activated' correctly, and it is very unfortunate your emails do not confirm the number being activated (that would seem a pretty basic requirement ?)

Keith informed me that this would be attended to first thing Monday. Over the last 3 years I have always had good service from Plusnet, this is rather unfortunate !