cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old VMBU

N/A

Old VMBU

I've seen people mentioning checking the old VMBU and finding that it was reading better than the current one. Is the old VMBU still available, and if so, what's the URL for it?

Cheers

Steve
6 REPLIES
N/A

Old VMBU

As requested, the old VMBU url.

https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/viewmy_broadband_monthly.html

Be interesting to see if many people see a difference.
N/A

Old VMBU

Champion Smiley

Ta very much
N/A

Old VMBU

Be interesting to see if many people see a difference.

Well I can see a difference of 14GB, yes GigaBytes in the two on my usage. The new VMBU has been logging traffic when I've not been at home, machines turned off, router with SSID off, filter by MAC, encryption enabled. I have a ticket raised but am currently on Level 2 management because of this discrepancy that I believe is a fault Sad
N/A

Old VMBU

geektastic wrote

Well I can see a difference of 14GB, yes GigaBytes in the two on my usage.

I only see a gigabyte difference at the most, apart from March-April, when the old VMBU had a 6 week month and the new one a 2 week one.

But, according to plus, the old VMBU can't be trusted because either
a. it's no longer being maintained or updated
or b. it collects data from a differnt part of the network
or c. it records differnt billing months or peak times.

Or maybe Plus has spent a lot of money on goodies from a company called Ellacoya so that they can throttle bandwidth according to usage type and offer premium services and they daren't admit it's bugged.

I started a new billing month yesterday and so far I've only got about 10 mb of data of types I don't use, or haven't used this billing period recorded. A 10% error is to be expected apparently, but never in the customer's favour. It's strange that the error hardly ever is that less bandwidth is recorded.
I just managed to keep out of Level 1 management by cutting back on my usage last month. Apparently I've used more GBs on the new VMBU that I ever did with the old one. The old one also happens to agree with people's own measurement of what goes accross their router, the new one doesn't.
N/A

Old VMBU

I've got a number of data usages on the new one where everything bar the router (which is locked down pretty tight) has been turned off. One day, we weren't even home, yet still racked up 600MB of downloads :shock:

The old VMBU certainly matches what I think my usage has been, although I'm talking about total usage as I'm ignoring the peak and off peak due to the time discrepancies. Would like it sorted so as not to get a "Black Mark" against me for blatting through all the management levels when I've not been doing much!!!!

Hopefully it'll get sorted. At least I appear to finally have a stable line after running on the hidden test socket on the master face plate. Have now fitted an ADSL face plate on the master socket and connection still seems fine. I'm monitoring the connection for a while now before closing the ticket I raised on my constant synching problems (assuming it stays alright).
FooAtari
Grafter

Old VMBU

Here is what I posted on the Community Support forum

Useage over last week.

12th
OLD 2.68
NEW 3.49
New VBMU Higher

13th
OLD 1.43
NEW 1.28
New VBMU Lower

14th
OLD 1.23
NEW 1.19
New VBMU Lower

15th
OLD 1.12
NEW 1.36
New VBMU Higher

16th
OLD 165.61Mb
NEW 173.2
New VBMU Higher

17th
OLD 1.29
NEW 1.22
New VBMU Lower

18th
OLD 1.97
NEW 1.9
New VBMU Lower

19th
OLD 2.68
NEW 3.49
New VBMU Higher

But so far the month

Total
New 29.97
Old 27.75
New VBMU Higher

Peak
New 3.71
Old 5.82
New VBMU Lower

So over the above week (12th - 19th) it kind of averages out some days higher some lower.

But so far this billing month (2 weeks) the new VBMU is about 750Mb higher, but at the critial Off Peak time it is over 2Gb less! So overall the total difference isnt huge, and as I have noticed compared to my own useage monitoring it is working to my advatage at Peak times, when it matters/. I will compare the above with PRTG figures when I get home tonight