cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old 105 vs new 210 - on or off

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Easy question - just got & installed my new free 210 router. Uninstalled the old 105 which has served me well. All went fine except Outlook Express which I didn't realise doesn't pick up the new settings completely & was looking for the old modem Shockedops:

Anyway, the question - with it's own power supply, do you folks leave it on all the time or switch it off at night??

I'm interested in practical rather than environmental reasons if possible, as I know the environmental ones, but does it need to be left on? Is it better left on?
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

To be honest this is down to personal preference, as long as you are not turning the router on and off quickly in short spaces of time this should not have any effect to your connections.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

I'd be inclined to leave it turned on. Turning it on and off could potentially cuase issues with the power supply failing.

With regards to the environmental impact, you could argue that using a refridgerator is much worse and do you switch all of your plug sockets off at the wall when you're not using them? I'm dreadful for that.
N/A

:? Following Stewart's query re 210 router, I too have just started using one and notice it is very warm to touch - is this normal
Jan Z