cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUT of Sync, Synch.....................

N/A

It seems that someone thinks that I am guilty of flaming.
This is not so as all I did was to reply to someone who said I was being pedantic.
ALL I did was point out that the word is Sync when someone talks about a modem will not sync(to the line) and not Synch.
I am sorry if it seemed like I was intent on flaming but this is not so.
If by posting a reply to what someone said is flaming then all those who do so are also guilty.
In future I will stay away from the forums.
5 REPLIES
phillight
Grafter

Isn't it just short for synchronise, in which case either would be equally correct?

In fact, both forms appear in the Chambers dictionary!

Phil
Community Veteran

Don't worry about it musicman, just ignore it. It was probably done in jest but you misunderstood it or the poster misunderstood your reply.

It was certainly not a flame so there is no reason for you to stay away from the message board. It does not matter how things are spelt as long as people understand what you were posting about.
N/A

Forum moderator was the one who warned me.
Accar or Acarr or whatever way he spells it.
Any he was the one who was named in a PM to me.
Community Veteran

Maybe it was something else then. I can't find the thread I thought you were refering to (maybe it has been deleted) but if it was the one i saw, it does seem a bit harsh getting the PM and was not a flame in my book.

If you have an issue I suggest you discuss it with acarr via PM.

Or just ignore it and carry on.
N/A

Yes, I did split the article in question.

This was done on the basis that your comments where originaly off-topic. A moderator then stated that people should take it back on topic, after which, this message was promptly ignored and further provocation to the arguement made.

The message is logged for the purposes of proof both on my own and your ows side.

As such, if you feel you have a genuine complaint, then you should raise it either via a private message to Ian Wild, or sending an e-mail to iwild@plus.net